Chapter 22

Guilt filled every part of my body as I lay sprawled on my bed trying to decide if I tell Cole about the texts I have received thus far.

We still haven't discussed the picture of Faith either. I feel ashamed for not telling him. He told me about finding that picture but I haven't told him all the things I know.

I wondered if he planned it? Was he on Zac's side? It were thoughts that that kept me from completely trusting Cole. Something needs to happen. Something big that makes me trust him 100 percent.

It was still Friday night. Cole was taking Emma home. Little did he know that she was in grave danger. Do I try and save her? Do I care about her that much?

I wanted to get some homework done but my notebook wasn't in my room either. Why would it be? I had it at school the only place it could be is in Cole's car.

"Hey. Is my notebook in your car? I can't find it." I texted Cole on my private phone.

What would happen if Mark or Helen knew I had another phone? My thoughts quickly changed as a new text came through.

"Yeah. I'll drop it off later." Cole texted back.

I put down my phone and laid flat on my back again making sure every inch of the bed was being used. It wasn't big, only a full size bed but enough to feel roomy.

As I starred at the ceiling my head began to feel light. Was I tired? I closed my eyes for just a second.

When I opened them again I was outside. It was night time. I was on the ground, it was cold. I stood up and brushed myself off. What the hell?

The moon was out but there were no stars. It was a deep blue night sky.

Why was I outside?

I began walking towards the street and just as I thought there was a FBI agent in a parked car watching our house. He didn't think there was something wrong with me sleeping in the middle of my yard?

The closer I got the more I recognized the man sitting in the car. It was the same agent that was dead just this morning. I ran to the car.

"Sir? Hello?" I banged on the window.

No response.

I tried the door handle, it was open. The body fell with ease and hit the pavement.

He was dead. Why was he still here?

I glanced to the car and noticed that there was something on the seat he fell from. I stepped over his body and I picked it up.

It was a Polaroid. I turned it over to see the photo.

It was me. I was eating cereal in a small kitchen in front of window. It was the same picture of Faith...but it was...me? I was smiling. I never smiled there? How could this be?

Just then the man who laid dead on the ground jumped up.

It was not the FBI agent. It was Zac. I gasped. I didn't have to think too much before my feet took off in the opposite direction of him. I was running towards my house and tripped along the way.

The picture in my hand blew away. I couldn't go anymore. I needed that picture. I needed it for proof. Everyone would call me crazy if I told them about it.

When I picked it back up the picture puzzled me. It changed. I was outside in a yard just like this one..looking at a picture.

This picture was of now.

There was someone behind me in the photo.

My turn was sharp and just in time too. Zac was there holding a knife above my head. It was the knife he cut me with before.