Chapter 1

A/N WELCOME BACK! If you are new and this is your first time reading my stories...this is a SEQUEL go read my completed story "MINE" first otherwise this will make no sense. Thank you so much for reading! Enjoy <3

Fog filled the air. I could hardly see 3 feet in front of me. I looked down to my hands, they were there and so were my arms but I couldn't feel them. A shiver ran through my body as I felt the cold breeze brush against me. I felt nothing in my limbs, only a temperature that was in my blood stream.

I was walking down a road, it was day time but the sun was not out. In fact, no one was out. Not the sun, the moon, the stars, clouds, or anything relating to the sky. No people, animals, or buildings. Only a road and it's markings were clear to my eyes.  The yellow lines guided me.

Where was I going?

Suddenly my heart began to pump uncontrollably and my feet picked up their pace. I was now running down the road following the line that sat in the middle of it. Looking around me and behind me I could not see anyone or anything. The fog was too thick.

Emily. A calm voice whispered to me.

I stopped running.

The fog began to clear and I saw something up ahead on the road. I walked to it.

It was a person. Male. They were taller than me. Wearing black sneakers, blue jeans, a black hoodie and a red scarf. They were turned around so I could see their face, only I couldn't. It's like I was blind from seeing it.

"Hello?" I called out to the person the closer I got.

They slowly began to walk and I took a step back.

Their presence felt familiar. I couldn't match a name to it, but I knew them.

Emily. They whispered.

The person disappeared and so did the road. I no longer could see anything. It was my pitch black through my eyes.

I shot up from my deep sleep.

"It was a dream. Just a dream." I whispered to myself as I held my face in my hands.

Immediately upon waking I knew who the man was in my dream.

Cole.

I pushed back the memories trying to break the emotional dam in my head.

As I climbed out of bed I scanned my room for water. I walked over the attached bathroom and washed my face. There was no water in my room I was going to have to go down to the kitchen and get a glass.

Looking in the mirror before I left my room I took a deep breathe. My life as I know has been turned upside down.

It's been 4 months since I was placed in witness protection. It's almost May. Only one more month until the school year ends. I attend a private school now. I get driven to class everyday and picked up by a fancy officer who also watches our house at night.

By "our" I mean my placement family. We live somewhere in Texas. I think it's a smaller city, on the outskirts of a bigger one. Close enough for emergencies but far away enough to be hidden.

I was placed with a couple who are local police officers. They're married. Mr. and Mrs. Malone. They first names are Mark and Helen but I only call them that when we're at home.

We have to keep cover in public so I call them "mom" and "dad". Their co workers believe they've adopted me. To be honest...this is probably the closest I'll get to getting adopted.

My foster mom was sent to the other side of the country.

I've accepted (or tried to atleast) that I'll never see her again.

YOURSOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara