Chapter 3

Sorry this is so late. It is stinking hot and miserable. Also,  as I can't officially dedicate on the mobile app, I'm dedicating this chapter to labyrinth_dweller, my first voter. I'll do it properly asap.

Sarah's POV

I wake up with a stiff neck from the awkward position I slept in. Rubbing it, I thump towards the closet to get changed, throwing on the first thing in the closet. Slumping down the hall, I head towards where I think the kitchen is.

"Hey, watch it! " a tired voice half yells.

I look up into the face of Jareth, bags under his eyes and a half - scowl on his face, almost struggling to keep it there. I shove his shoulder before continuing to the kitchen.  Suddenly, my shoulder is wrenched back and I face the king. But this is not the one I know. He was snarling. Full on, lips peeled back, snarling. His cheekbones were more prominent and his eyes had sunk, glinting out from the dark holes. I let out a scream and backed away, fumbling though the nearest door. Lucky for me, it was empty. Unlucky for me, it was the servant stairs. I screamed as I fell over the edge, bumping down the stairs. I saw Jareth running down after me his features retuning to normal.

"Sarah! " he screams just as I land on my arm, stopping my fall. The only problem was I broke it in the process.

***

Jareth's POV

I see her tumble halt and race forward to pick up her still body. I almost didn't see her arm sticking out at an odd angle. Almost. I magically splint it before carrying her to the infimatory. I could heal cuts but broken bones were a lot harder. The few sprite I employ, skilled in healing, were waiting for me, sensing the pain from afar. Shooing me out, they set to work.

***

I sit on the ground next to the door, tears sliding down my face. I did this. I scared her. I caused her to back down the stairs. Sobbing, I ponder this. How could she love me now? I stole Toby and made her face the Labyrinth. Then I saved her, preventing her from joining her family. I moved too fast, not realising her grief. Then I full on scare her down the stairs, causing her to break her arm. Punching the windows in rage, I feel a relief when it shatters, glass raining on me. Then I get an idea.

***

Standing on  the windows sill of the broken windows, I look down at the  three story dropdrop. I sigh, feeling content, it is high enough to kill me, even though I'm a fae. I smile as I let my self sway over the edge, I could finally go to a place where I could dream her and she would love me. I laugh as I feel myself fall forward, knowing that there was no turning back.