Chapter 5

Hey all, you voted so fast, now I kinda did say......

Well here is the chapter.

Also, as a side note, I am writing in Australian English, so if you find a word that either you don't know or seems out of context, comment on it and I will try to explain.

***

Sarah's POV

I listen as the medical sprites give their verdict.

"Fae don't usually experience deep feelings, only skimming the surface of lust and terror and the such. But occasionally, something causes them to feel deeply, and their whole brain has to rewire. Nice feelings such as joy, happiness and love make the connections easily and quickly but the darker ones like terror, rage and jealously are often slow and painful. The person usually allows only one or two people that they care about near them, meaning we won't be much help. "

" What about the kingdom? " I say "What will they do with the King out of action?"

"We will call his brother, as we did the last time the king was ill, and he shall look after the place. The king will be ill for around a month, and will be feverish and alternate between hallucinations and sane moments. You will be required to stay and tend to him during the time. We shall send supplies. "

And with that, the sprites left, leaving me with Jareth. I sigh before sitting on the bed, mopping his forehead with the rag that was once my shirt.

***

I haven't slept, not since the fever started. Every time I'm about to nod off, Jareth is off on one of his episodes. Exhausted, he is asleep himself but I'm too wired now, unable to rest for more than ten minutes. The door opens and a tall man walks in. Blond hair and high cheekbones tell me that this is Jareth's brother, but the resemblance stops there. Not quite as tall, his face is thinner and has green eyes. Also wearing makeup, it was a different colour and design to Jareth's. I wonder whether it is actually makeup. He glances over my half dressed and messy appearance on Jareth's bed and he smirks, eyes gleaming.

"Don't worry, I know you've been taking care of him and my brother will barely let you leave to relieve yourself, let alone go and fetch a shirt from your room. And the sprites don't think of that sort of stuff, " he walked over to the dresser and threw me a shirt from the drawers, " Throw that on for the moment, and I'll arrange for a goblin to bring up a fresh change of clothes. But anyway, where are my manners? " He walked over to the bed, "My name is Reniuz, and I'll be looking after the kingdom while my baby brother recovers." He took my hand and kissed it. Unfortunately, Jareth woke up at that moment, locked in a jealous rage, undoubtedly from whatever dream he just had.

"Reniuz," he spat, "Get away from Sarah."

I quickly went to his side, and he pulled me against him.

"Jareth, he was just being a gentleman, I've only just met him."

"Oh, really? Then why were you all over each other when you thought I was sleeping?"

That was it. I slapped his face, growling.

"You're sick, Jareth, you can't trust everything you see. You know that I have no romantic interest in anyone."

He looked at me meekly before nodding.

An awkward cough from the corner of the room sounded. "If it's okay with you," mumbled Reniuz, "I might just go," before half sprinting out the room.

Jareth and I just looked at each other, until Jareth muttered "Wuss." I lost it then. We laughed until my sides hurt.

***

Forgive me for the short chapter, I've been having a bit of writers block.

Again, 1 vote for the next chapter.

Within These Walls - A Labyrinth FanFicजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें