Chapter 8

Yes, I haven't updated for a while. I've been getting ready for a school trip to Indonesia, which is over now. This is a bit of a short chapter, sorry, I'm still brain dead from the overnight flight.

Sarah's POV

We talked for a long time,and I must have fallen asleep as I had somehow traveled to my bed. Thank goodness it wasn't his. I lie there, pondering the situation. Will he expect me to officially be his girlfriend? Does he expect me to marry him?
I freak out a bit.
A cold shape nudges against my hand before rolling under it. A crystal ball. I grip it and it turns to a sheet of transparent parchment, covered in neat, spiky handwriting.

Sarah yang indah,

Good morning, cintaku, I hope you slept well. Just wish for your breakfast and the castle will hear, providing it to you. Get ready and meet me at my study, the castle, again, will show you the way.

See you later, cintaku,

Jareth.

I stare at the foreign words in annoyance before shrugging and setting the note down to get ready for the day.

***
Jareth's POV

I pace the study, mulling it all over in my head. How much does she expect from me? I want to propose to her so badly, it is killing me. I slump on the couch and sigh, feeling queasy. I wish shed hurry up. A small click catches my attention, and the door swings open, as quiet as a mouse.
"Good morning, Sarah," I say turning to face her.
"Morning, Jareth, but it's not Sarah. "
I go cold, not wanting to acknowledge the memories associated with that voice.
***

Weeeell, there we have it. The two foreign words are in Indonesian, and mean beautiful (indah) and my love (cintaku).

A three years later edit to fix ages, and I find I messed up my Indonesian. Previous version featured 'cintamu', meaning 'your love', instead of the correct term. This has now been corrected.