People came and passed. Nobody could change it. Nothing could prevent the pain or smiles they shared throughout their journey.

Freya put her hand inside the container, colliding with Aiyoku's one. They jerked, blushing as they moved away.

"L-Ladies first."

She nodded, taking the last ash she could grab. With nothing more to take out, they turned the urn upside down. A gentle breeze spread the rest in front of them.

They stayed for a short while before returning to the farm. No words filled the space in the car, but nothing seemed awkward. An invisible bond connected them. One that didn't need words to be acknowledged.

They changed their clothes and headed home with a big box of muffins for both of them.

Aiyoku walked with her to the bus station. "I guess we use the same line." He held the jacket he lent Freya a few hours earlier in his arms. He didn't expect she would return it so soon, and definitely not under these circumstances.

She nodded.

The boy fidgeted as the silence made him uncomfortable. "I can't go during the week, but I want to stop by at least over weekends."

She again nodded.

"It's okay if you don't come." He mentally punched himself. He picked the worst wording ever.

Her head swayed back and forth. Sweat covered her dusty face.

"Whoa there!" He caught her before falling onto the road.

Her body jerked, waking up from the jelly state. She grabbed on his arm, gasping for air like a fish on the ground.

"You are sleeping while standing." He held her. "That's it! I'm escorting you home!"

She shook her head wide awake.

"I don't accept no as an answer." He wiggled his index finger. "I'm not leaving you when you are exhausted."

The bus stopped, and Aiyoku helped her to get in.

"How many stops?" he asked as he picked two free seats.

With her fingers, she showed him fifteen.

"Okay, I'll count them, you take a rest."

Her head collapsed on his shoulder, her mind shutting down.

Once the bus left the fourteenth stop, Aiyoku gently woke her up. Her wobbly steps and weak knees made her progress slow, but with Aiyoku's help, she didn't move at a slug pace.

In front of the apartment complex, she tried to separate.

"Won't do, young lady." He sounded stern, but he smiled. "I'm not dropping you until you are beyond your threshold."

She let out a deep sigh, but allowed him to support her. Once she stepped into her small flat, he turned away.

"It's rude for boys to stare into girl's rooms, so I have no choice but to leave. But if there is anything I can do or help you with, I'll do my best." He played with his fingers.

Freya covered them with her hand, and he lifted his eyes to meet her green gaze. She nodded with a smile, mouthing, "Thank you".

His blue eyes teared. "You are welcome." With this, they waved to each other good night, and Aiyoku left.

Inside, Freya waggled to her folded futon, sitting down. An enormous yawn stretched her mouth to its limits. She never needed her sleep more than now. She lifted her schoolbag, planning to put it next to her table when she stopped.

Strange electricity ran through her fingers, prompting her to halt. She flipped the bag open, and a way too familiar package laid there.

She yelped, throwing the bag away from her as if it could bite her. The pear fell out with a thud. A few electric sparks danced across it, but maybe Freya's sore eyes played a trick on her.

'But I... gave it to one... right?' Her husky breath came in brief intervals. 'Or not?' She staggered to it, picking it up. 'It keeps returning. Why?'

The thoughts sent waves of tiredness through her brain. She picked up her stuff, placing it all on the table. She changed from her school uniform to pajamas, and the world of dreams claimed her as she covered herself with the blanket, pulling her plush jester closer.

 She changed from her school uniform to pajamas, and the world of dreams claimed her as she covered herself with the blanket, pulling her plush jester closer