CHAPTER 18

IT'S BEEN a week since she asked Lucifer to court her and for a few days now, the house has been full of various flowers. Hindi naman niya tinatanggihan kinikilig kase siya katulad ngayon may dumating na naman na isang bouquet of tulips sa bahay niya at siyempre may note din.

To my beautiful beloved,

'Sweet scents red tulips, red tulips bring such happiness. Our hearts are full of pleasure'

From: Lucifer

Aw! Such a sweet guy!

Kinuha niya ang base na nasa ibabaw ng lamesa niya at tinanggal ang bulaklak na nakalagay doon na natuyot na, tinapon niya 'yon at pinalitan niya 'yon ng bagong dating na bulalak na tulips saka niya ibinalik ulit iyon sa dati nitong pwesto.

Hindi naman sa nagpapakipot siya sadyang gusto niya munang ligawan siya ni Lucifer bago niya ito sagutin kahit na nauna pa ang sex bago ang label.

At sa loob ng isang linggo na panliligaw sa kanya ni Lucifer nalaman nya na may side itong sobrang sweet —yung sweet pa sa sweet— at nalaman niya din na seloso si Lucifer. She knows it's not good in a relationship but she knows she can balance Lucifer's jealousy by being faithful and loyal.

Most of her relationships back then were separated because they didn't trust each other, others cheated or because they were too jealous. She doesn't like jealous people because she feels that almost everything she does has a limit, she also doesn't want men to ban her from what she wears and does. What she needs is a matured man who can understand, tolerate and of course take care of her and truly love her. but all her type of man changed when she met Lucifer, Lucifer is the type of jealous man, he will forbid her from wearing what he doesn't like, he seems childish but he took good care of her, he endured her and the important thing is he's sincere to the one he loves.

Thought that. She took his cellphone and texted Lucifer.

To: Baby

Thanks to the tulips, they are beautiful.

Inilapag niya ang cellphone sa lamesa niya inaakala niya na hindi ito magrereply ng mag pop up sa message notification niya.

'They're just like you, beautiful each and every night. Welcome' Lucifer reply.

She smiled broadly when she read its reply. God! it just replies so that my heart will come out with a great tremor.

She replied smiling,

' Bolero, ilang babae na sinabihan mo n'yan?'

Then she pressed send. She hasn't even landed the cellphone again when he replies again. So fast.

'Nah, That's not flattery, and you're the only woman I told that to.'

Ah, I feel so special. She was shaken and then she didn't reply, maybe he's busy and she was interrupting his work. Hawak hawak ang cellphone naglakad siya pupunta sa kwarto niya at doon humiga aantayin niya na lang si Jam dahil may usapan silang manonood sila ng sine.

Hindi alam ni Cincy sa paghihintay niya ay naka tulog na siya.

Cincy woke up as the sun was setting so she quickly got up from her bed and she was planning to call Jam when the door of her room opened and the person she should have called came in.

"Gising ka na pala." Relieved Jam said holding a reed broom.

Kumunot ang noo niya,"ba't hawak hawak mo 'yan?"

"Oh, ito" Jam put her reed broom on the side of her door then smiled," Ihahampas ko sana sayo kase kanina pa kita ginigising pero tulog mantika ka."

Napatanga siya sa sinabi ng kaibigan pagkuwan ay napailing," anong oras na?"

"It's 5pm, take a shower and we're leaving." Jam said then handed her, her towel and pushed her into the bathroom.

After she took a shower and groomed herself, she and Jam left and went to the cinema. They no longer line up to buy a tecket because they buy thru online to avoid hassle, they enter the cinema after they buy popcorn and drink, they sit in the back so they don't tremble in fear when what they are looking for shows up, horror movie is what they choose to watch even though they are both scared.

When they were in the middle of the movie they were watching, many people were shouting inside the cinemas out of fear, and they were also shouting every time the ghost suddenly appeared. Until they finish the movie they are watching and until Jam and her get out, Jam complaint to her nonstop.

"Fuck! Feeling ko humiwalay yung kaluluwa ko sa katawan ko kanina." Jam told her as they sat in the vacant seat inside the jollibee.

She invited her to eat first because she seemed to have exhausted her energy from what they were watching before, she's not into horror movies now she just watched scary ones.

"Yeah, ayoko ng manood ng ganon." Aniya saka tumayo para kunin ang inorder nila.

When she got their order, she went back to their table, after they ate, they went to the arcade to play and because they were both unlucky, they were always Game over or defeated.

When it hit nine pm in the evening, they only thought of going home because they were tired and they were always unlucky with the game they were playing.

When she got to her own house and entered her room, she put down her cellphone on the side table and lay down on her bed.

"Tired" She whispered as her eyes narrowed with exhaustion.

Without changing her clothes into pajamas, she was deep asleep when her cellphone rang.

She frowned then groped her cellphone on the bed side table and did not open her eyes she answered the call.

"Hello?"

Cincy's sleepy voice rang out to Lucifer.

"Did I wake you up? you can go back to sleep, I'll hung up now—"

Umingos si Cincy,"no. It's okay, I'm just tired."

"Hmmm" Lucifer hummed the asked,"have you eaten?"

Cincy nodded with her eyes still closed even though the person she was talking to was not in front of her,"yeah, kasama ko si Jam gumala kami kanina. Ikaw?"

"Oh, nope, still busy."

She opened her eyes and then felt annoyed." There is no reason for you to be busy for not eating."

"Worried about me?"

She rolled her eyes,"Of course! food is important."

Lucifer tries to suppress his smile, he just knows that his baby cares about him enough to make him smile with joy. " I know, I'm just a pile of jobs right now."

Cincy sighed. " Ngayon ka lang bang gabi hindi kumain?"

"No, I haven't eaten this lunch yet."

"What?!" Hindi mapigilan ni Cincy ang pagtaas ng boses dahil sa pagaalala sa binata." Are you out of your fucking mind? Food is fucking fuck important then you fucking don't eat because your busy, damn you!"

Hindi mapigilan ni Lucifer ang hindi matawa dahil sa mga sinabi ni Cincy. He founds it adorable, he, being scolded to his baby. Who wouldn't thought that his baby can cussed multiple times.

Then, when Cincy heard Lucifer laugh she was even more annoyed. "May nakakatawa ba?"

"Nothing," He suppresses a laugh too much.

Habang si Cincy naman ay hindi na maipinta ang muka. Anong nakakatawa na nagagalit sya kase nagaalala sya.

What a jerk!

Inis na pinatay niya ang tawag saka nagtalukbong ng kumot, dalawang beses pang nag ring ang cellphone niya pero hindi niya na iyon pinansin. Such a jerk! Tawanan ba naman ako.

While Lucifer was like a fool smiling wide when Cincy didn't answer his call. Ah! I'm so in love.

DARKESTROAD