𝟐𝟕 | 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐭-𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭

Start from the beginning

"No! No, no, no, Tyler, don't." Caroline told her boyfriend.

"Caroline he'll die if he doesn't." Adelaide told her best friend, giving her an apologetic look.

"Consider this an experiment." Klaus muttered as Tyler took the vile and drank it, instantly throwing himself away, gagging on the taste of blood. He rolled over the table, knocking several science experiment objects to the floor, groaning as the transitioning started. He writhed on the floor, panting as he held his head in pain, his nails digging into his scalp. Klaus bent down in front of him, a look of amazement plastered on his face. Adelaide took a step back as Tyler looked up. Yellow eyes, like a werewolves, but with veins under them, like a vampire. And he also had the vampire fangs as he stopped groaning in pain.

"Now that's a good sign." Klaus smirked, standing back up. "Adelaide, Rebekah, come on. We're leaving."

・ • • ・

Klaus drove them to the hospital, Adelaide in the back with her sister who was passed out, blood slowly falling from her neck. Rebekah was sat in the front with Klaus.

"I'm sorry for nearly killing you Adelaide. I was angry." Adelaide didn't look up at the blonde.

"Yeah, something your family seems to be a lot of the time. You guys really need to get it under control." Adelaide snapped at her.

"I guess that's fair." Rebekah turned in her seat to give her a smile, meeting Adelaide's fierce stare. "I can see why my brother likes you." She frowned in response.

"Rebekah, shut it." Klaus warned his sister, keeping his eyes on the road. Rebekah sent her another smile while also rolling her eyes, making Adelaide crack a small smile, as she turned back around in her seat. Adelaide look down towards her sister, stroking her hair, getting rid of any knots that had been made from nearly being killed by Stefan. They were silent the rest of the way to the hospital, with Adelaide not looking up at either of the Originals at all. Klaus kept sending her small glances through the mirror in the middle of the car towards the front, however he never spoke up. Adelaide was a stubborn person. And if Klaus wanted to be on at least good terms with her then he had to be the one to apologise - which she knew he would never do.

They arrived at the hospital soon and Klaus took Elena away from Adelaide carrying her into the hospital. Adelaide knew Klaus would be taking Elena's blood, but she also knew that Damon would save her sister, so she didn't fight back knowing it would be completely useless.

"So the doppelgänger isn't the problem?" Rebekah asked her brother, perched on the hood of the car as Klaus walked back over to them. "Her blood is the solution."
"Seems so." Klaus darkly chuckled, shrugging.

"How did you know?" Adelaide brought their attention over to her as she spoke up.

"Well, you know how much the original witch hated me. Do you honestly think I would do anything other than the opposite of what she says." Klaus explained as Rebekah turned her head to the side, flashing her brother a grin.

"A thousand years in the grave and she's still screwing with you." The blonde drawled.

"Well, it makes sense if you think about it from her perspective. It was her failsafe in case I ever broke the hybrid curse. The doppelgänger had to die in order for me to become a hybrid, but if she was dead..." Klaus huffed.
"Then you couldn't use her blood to sire yourself a new species." Rebekah finished off for her brother.

"Leaving me alone for all time." Adelaide felt her heart drop as she noted the sadness in Klaus's tone.

"Is that what this is about?" Rebekah's grin fell, as she looked at her brother. "Your obsession with hybrids. You just don't want to be alone?" Adelaide wanted to tell him that he wasn't alone. He had his family... and he had her but she was still upset and pissed off at him so she kept quiet.