6

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Chapter 6

Potions.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

We walk to the dungeons for Potions which we also have with Gryffindors.
I walk inside sitting in the corner table with Sophie on my left.

The benches were nearly joined to each other. Soon, the students piled in. And I didn't understand what was so special with Draco's entry with his two goons behind him.

As everyone takes seat and starts talking, the door swings open with bang and Professor enters.

" There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion- making. However for those select few.. " He says looking at Draco then at me.

"... Who possess the predisposition. I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame and brew glory and even put a stopper in death." He says and looks at Harry on the table beside me with Hermione.

".. Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts with abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention. " Snape says throwing every word directed to Harry who was sincerely taking notes.

Hermione nudges him and he looks up.

" Mr. Potter. Our new celebrity. Tell me what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape asks and Harry looks down.

'Easy.' I thought.

" You don't know? Let's try again. Where would you look if I ask you to find a bezoar? " He asks.

" I don't know, sir. " Harry says.

" And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane? " Snape asks again and Harry tries hard not to look at Draco and his goons who were snickering.

" I don't know, sir. " Harry says again.

" Pity. Clearly, Fame isn't everything. Is it Mr. Potter? " Snape asks and Harry looks down.

" Clearly, Hermione seems to know, if you ask her. " Harry says at the quivering of Hermione in the air desperate to answer.

" Sit down, silly girl. " Snape snaps on Hermione who sits down watching her lap.

" Miss Hazel. If you would? " He says and I nod.

" If powdered root of asphodel is added to an infusion of wormwood, we can brew the most powerful sleeping potion also called as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. Lastly, monkshood and wolfsbane are different names the same plant called aconite. " I say and took a breath.