"Ok, I'm going in when you're ready," Renee said as she began the procedure.

"Yeah."

Standing by the Paediatrics department looking over the babies when she was joined by Addison, neither of them said anything as they just stared at the babies

Standing by the Paediatrics department looking over the babies when she was joined by Addison, neither of them said anything as they just stared at the babies. A few minutes after Addison cleared her throat as if she was trying to say something but couldn't, she didn't know what to say. Renee and Addison had topics to talk upon in the past, they had shared many things with each other but now the silence became so overbearing that it was almost suffocating.

"I have a date today," Renee said as Addison turned to look at her in surprise. 

"Who's the guy?" Addison asked awkwardly.

"Reyansh," 

"The trauma guy interested in Paeds?" Addison asked.

"Yeah,"

"He's cute," Renee chuckled.

"Richard told me that I should mentor him," Addison said.

"That's a good thing," Renee commented as one of the babies started crying.

"Why is she crying?" Addison said as they went inside.

"She's choking," Renee said as she picked the baby up and sat down on the chair laying the baby along with her thigh as she gave her five blows on her back.

"What did she choke on?" Addison asked herself as she searched the babies crib.

"What's going on?" They turned to see an intern standing there a scared expression on her face.

"Where were you? Why wasn't anyone here?" Renee snapped as the baby started to breathe again.

"Oh, you are fine," Renee said as she brought the baby to her chest comfort her.

"We had a shift change," the intern answered.

"Go call the person who was here before you," Addison said as the intern ran to bring the other intern.

"You are fine. You are going to tell the parents?" Renee said to the baby as she continued to cradle her.

"Don't need to, she doesn't have any," Addison said as the baby went back to sleep in Renee's arms.

"What do you mean she doesn't have parents?" 

"We had officers bring her in, said they found her in the dumpster not far from the hospital," Addison said as she ran a finger on the baby's head. 

"How can people do this? How can they be so-" Renee whispered as she felt herself tearing up.

"Inhuman. She wasn't in a very good condition,"