CHAPTER 36

FIONA's POV

"Oh... so you know each other, oh goody!" the man chuckled.

"Dad tell him to let her go, he got the wrong person I swear" Louis turned to the blonde man but he said nothing.

"Mr. Walter, I can prove she's the one, once the clock strikes twelve her original form will be revealed. Poof! Just like magic" the man grinned.

"Are you hearing yourself? What are you, nine? You believe in magic!" Louis scoffed.

"Young master calm down... I'm certain she's the one, only a few seconds left" the scientist smirked at me.

"Fine! Anything to stop this madness!" Louis waved his hand with a frown. He walked to me and placed his right hand on the glass with a small smile.

"Just wait a little, it will soon be over, you'd go back to your house in the morning, I promise" my hand quivered as I slowly brought it to the glass to meet him.

"L-Louis, I-I have something to say" I began to sob lightly

"What? What? Did they hurt you! Are you okay?" he stared into my eyes.

My Louis was innocent, I'm the one who made a big mistake, he'd find out the truth soon, there is no hiding now, my time was up.

When it struck twelve my skin became paler, the daisy flower anklet appeared on my right leg, my clothes changed to a long light blue spaghetti gown, my eyes turned ice blue, the diamond crystal appeared on my forehead, my ears grew longer and my silver hair cascaded to my ankle.

"Fascinating" the blonde man's eyes widened

Louis jumped back and took a few steps backward before he fell "W-What is that!" he screamed pointing at me, he breathed heavily, eyes shaking as his whole body trembled.

"Your girlfriend, young master"

"No! No! You're lying! It's not her! Where is Fiona? What did you do to her!" The scientist shrunk as Louis yelled out

It was my fault, I couldn't trust Louis, yet I wanted to keep him but now he's hurt and I'm the problem. If only there was a way to fix things but it was too late, he has seen everything.

"L-Louis I-I'm sorry, it's my fault, it's all my fault" I cried hard as he shook his head in disbelief.

"Are you really a monster? Tell me this is some kind of magic trick and we'd forget all that happened here, Fiona is a human right?" Louis' voice sounded coarse, his gaze glistened, the single thread of hope in his eyes threatened to be chopped off any moment

"I-I wanted to tell you the truth Louis, I tried-"

"Liar! You're a Liar! It's my fault for trusting you in the first place, I thought you were different" Louis squeezed his hands in his hair as he stared at the floor "Fiona is not human" he murmured to himself repeatedly.

"It's time to go now" Louis father looked at his watch

"Yes sir! The experiment starts tomorrow... I mean in the morning" the scientist faked a laugh.

 Louis got up and turned without glancing at me, he tagged behind them until they disappeared into the darkness.

I leaned on the glass letting myself fall to the ground, I held my shattered heart and screamed on top of my lungs "please let me go! Let me go! I won't hurt anybody! Anyone, please help!" my lungs hurt like it was boiled in hot oil, I whispered "...

I leaned on the glass letting myself fall to the ground, I held my shattered heart and screamed on top of my lungs "please let me go! Let me go! I won't hurt anybody! Anyone, please help!" my lungs hurt like it was boiled in hot oil, I whispered "I don't want to die" my eyelids became heavy and when I could no longer cry I laid on the ground hugging my shoulders as I fell asleep waiting for my fate.

I opened my eyes slowly as I heard footsteps, I darted my eyes to the clock but it was around 3 am. I wondered if they decided to changed the time.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up preparing my mind for the worse. I squinted as the light revealed the silhouette "Louis?" He put his index finger on his lips and I stopped talking.

 Louis walked to the computer and began to tap some buttons. I jumped as the computer's voice echoed in the room "fingerprint recognized. Access granted" the glass part of the container disappeared.

 Louis glared at me and said with a cold voice "Don't just stand there, do you want to escape or not?" I blinked twice as my head tried to process what was going on, I trailed behind but kept a safe distance.

When we got to the door Louis face-palmed and he paused "oh shit! The guards" he mumbled. He turned to me "Don't move okay? I'd be right back" he jogged out before I could even reply.

It has been quite a long time since he left, I began to walk in circles as I imagined the worst, I was about to run away when the door opened

"C'mon! Hurry up" Louis whispered and we scrambled quietly and successfully reached the door of the ground floor. Louis put his hand on the screen and it shone green.

We dived into the bushes as we sighted the men guarding the gates from afar. "Follow my lead and don't get caught" we ran from bush to bush until we were very close to the gates.

Louis picked a stone from the ground and threw it at the other edge.

"Who's there?" the one on the right shouted.

"I'll check it out, wait here" the man on the left walked away.

He threw the second stone and the guard turned, Louis sneaked behind him hitting three spots on his back before he jabbed his neck. The man crashed on the floor immediately. Louis signalled me and I ran to him.

"Run away, don't you dare come back here ever again, my Dad will not rest until he finds you. I swear if you get caught again I won't go on a suicide mission for your sake" Louis warned.

"...run as fast as you can, don't look back, leave Magnolia if possible! It's safer"

His words made my heart melt in hot lava, I was miserably happy. I took a good look at Louis' face for the last time, I wanted to remember every detail. He was someone I was never going to forget.

I ran shortly but turned to Louis "Thanks" I gave him a quick kiss on his cheeks before I took to my heels without turning back.