Chapter 74

ON ONE POV 
Everyone looked forward to this day, the young adults gathered in the open field, each fighter was making their final preparation to win the tournament. 

Ten finalists would be honored as elite warriors while the winner would be crowned legendary master.

Fiona had her silver hair done in a single thick pigtail, she wore blue leggings under her double-slit long gown. Ash changed her skirt uniform to black high-waisted shorts. Raven finished her preparation yesterday. 

The castle people were saved for the last. The rule of the game was very simple—don't kill. 

There was an incredible display of skills on the battlefield, the blend of the four elements oozed in the air and our vision was partly blurred by Earth Elevanas. Intensity elongated the audience's necks with time. 

The fight had them at the edge of their seats and then there was Zane—snoozing. His head slipped from his hand into the next person's shoulder.

Iceberg stopped clapping as he felt something heavy, he smiled in 'awe' as Zane's chest heaved with each breath.

...

The crowd cheered as they reached the semi-finals. Zane's eyes opened in shock, everyone rose for a standing ovation but Iceberg,  he just clapped silently. Zane lifted his head after a long sigh "Urgh! It's not over yet?"  

Iceberg's eyebrows creased at his uninterested face, he guessed Zane was not a fan of action or violence. 

"Did he like the movie last night? He could've just told me instead of pretending to like it" Iceberg thought.

"What's the hype for? Pfft!" Zane admired his fingernails. "You may not like it but most people do, I respect the contestants," he said. 

"I might fall for the winner, who knows?" Iceberg laughed, the last part tingled his ears, he began to consider joining the game.

The ten finalists fought for the top five. They were going to fight the five castle people. The opponents were picked in a shuffle. 

...

Ash was up against a female Glorindian. She smiled at her friends yelling her name. 

The fighter launched in a second, Ash threw a backflip right on time to strike her jaw, the ground cracked under her opponent's face.

She grunted and fired her hand fan, it left a light cut across Ash's face. It stung enough to make her frown. 

The knuckles screeched as she charged, her opponent blocked with the fan. The Glorindian slowly dropped to her knees. Ash caught her off guard with a leg sweep.

"I win!" Ash stomped her frustrations in gritted teeth. "We have a winner!" the master of ceremony announced and the crowd cheered. 

But Ash didn't stop, she clawed on the soil as two men pulled her from the battlefield. "This is not over! You won't be getting any tea" she yelled as they took her away.

Her friends flinched at the look on her face, Ash's face suddenly changed to a smile, "how was it?" she wiped the blood from her face. "Unexpected and awesome," Fiona said and the rest nodded in agreement.

...

The second match was Cyan against a female water Elevana. 

She took the offensive, her waves gushed like the force of a tap, Cyan powered himself in flames, they glared at themselves through the evaporated steam.

She threw an ice shield as he pushed a ball of flames, the mist gave her the chance to sneak up on him with an ice axe. Cyan groaned then arced his back at the glacial burn. 

A hill formed as he stomped the earth, shielding him from creeping plants. With his heated hands flew bolts of fire, she was distracted when a plant pulled her legs then flung her miles away.

It took some time before the ground vibrated under their feet. "Winner number two!" the people screamed. 

Cyan waved to the crowd with a smug look, like a musician on stage. He refused to leave until he was escorted out. The audience must have wondered if it was a castle thing. 

His friends welcomed him with high-fives.

"I knew you won't go easy on her," Raven said. They didn't talk much because of the next round. 

Iceberg versus a male Glorindian. The man stared at him like a little fly because of their different sizes. "I won't hurt you much if you beg," he said, but Iceberg stayed focused. 

The wind swooshed as Iceberg blocked his mid-air spear attack with a boulder, the sound of the cracking rock increased. 

Iceberg shoved the boulder then jumped back, barely landing on his feet, the man zoomed closer and whacked him like a golf ball, it sent him breaking layers of the earth.

Iceberg narrowly escaped the spear attack, he froze the staff with a touch. Iceberg clapped him with two masses of rocks, the people held their ears as the thunderous noise echoed, it shook mighty trees from a distance. 

The master of the ceremony waited for some time and then faced the crowd, "Third winner!" The applause from the audience warmed Iceberg's heart. "I was afraid I'll lose and embarrass my friends, I guess I worry too much," he said internally.

His friends waved from afar with bright grins. 

"Gosh, I thought you were a softie," Ash teased.

"I thought you wouldn't make it, congrats," Cyan said.