Chapter 2

FIONA's POV

We heard the bell jiggling.

"You have four days to complete your assignment. Thank you" Mr. Edward walked away.

Everyone began to leave with their partners, some were excited because they got paired with their friends while others were upset. I didn't know how to feel right now.

I hastily picked up my bag and joined the crowd moving as fast as I could.

"Hey! Are you Fiona?" I heard a voice and slowly turned.

"Yes," I said nodding.

"This one doesn't look smart either" he whispered to his friends behind.

"She's got a computer brain," Jack laughed.

"Yeah Fiona is not human at all" Dylan chipped in with a chuckle.

I inhaled inwardly, for a second I thought they were serious.

"Hmm... impressive. So when do we start? I'd be busy on Saturday, but I have nothing to do by 2 pm"

"Okay, I'd be free too" I turned to leave.

"We don't even know the meeting place" he sneered with a glare as I turned back to him, internally eaten up by my embarrassment.

There was a moment of silence before Louis spoke.

"Any suggestions? My house is not available"

"Same"

Dylan and Jack hopped to the middle with smiling faces, looking at both of us.

"You can exchange numbers for easier communication. My partner already has our numbers. Right, Dylan?" 

"Of course," he nodded.

Dylan and Jack pulled us to the exit until we were out of the school building.

"Good luck with the assignment" Dylan and Jack waved as they walked away. When they were out of sight my fingers kept tapping my legs and my eyes fixed downwards.

"My number is private, I can't give it now gimme yours instead" 

I was about to oppose him and tell him mine was private too but in order not to make things hard for myself, I gave it to him before we parted ways.

"What a day" I blurted out to myself as I sank further into the bed.

After freshening up for the afternoon I took lunch then did all my homework except art.

I rested on my wooden table, my eyes moved to the black pencil tilted to the right, it was on my uncompleted drawing of a dress. 

"I have more work to do!" I raised my head like I was bitten by soldier ants and began to finish up.