Chapter 24

FIONA's POV

"Oh, I found it" Louis grabbed the phone by my side "see you tomorrow Fiona"

I nodded feeling so foolish and sad at the same time, I covered my head with the blanket and coiled up until I fell asleep.

We did a double lesson the following day and it went well, on Friday night I got a call from Louis

"Hello? Why are you calling?"

"I-I was wondering if you will like to tag along tomorrow, I'm going for a walk"

"No thanks, I'm good"

"Please... it's no fun walking alone"

"You can ask someone else, like Dylan or Jack"

"My friends are busy, tight schedules and all that"

"I'm busy too, maybe next time"

"Nevermind, I knew you wouldn't come anyway" Louis' disappointed sad tone made me feel so guilty after all the things he has done for me "It's just a walk" I said internally

"Time and place?"

"Are you coming?"

"Of course"

"Oh okay! 9 am, I'd come to get you, bye!" He hung up before I could say anything, he sounded like a little child that had just been gifted candies.

A few seconds after dressing in black oversized jeans, a pink shirt and black sneakers I heard a knock on the door and opened it. I first noticed his small smile then I took a glimpse of his white joggers and gold sneakers.

"Good morning Fiona, it's nice to see you" I nodded and closed the door

I just walked beside him and followed. It was the first time we have walked like this without saying a word, he would always be the one to start the conversation.

I wished I could just say anything that comes out from my mouth like he does but I didn't know where to start from.

I paused after he changed direction and entered a big supermarket, he came back and signaled me to come in, I hesitated before following him.

It was beautifully painted in white, its silver stairs leading to two floors which advertised a few clothes, shoes, toys and other things.

I was busy lost in its beauty before Louis' voice brought me back to reality. "I come to this place sometimes, I'm happy you like it too, I-" before Louis could continue, a cute black girl about five years old with two afro ponytails ran and hugged his leg

"Louis Walter! I love you so much" he first stared at her with widened eyes then he crouched down with a smile

"What's your name?"

"Emily" she grinned shyly

"Okay Emily, what did you come here to buy?"

"I want to buy a Barbie doll but Mommy wants to buy food" she pouted as she looked at her shoes

"Ahh... okay, which doll do you want to buy?" the little girl ran and came back shortly with a black barbie

"See, she looks just like me" Emily smiled hugging the packaged doll

"C'mon, we're buying your barbie doll" she screamed a 'thank you' and hugged Louis tight.

"Let me tell Mommy" she ran and returned with her mother this time.

"OMG Louis! my daughter is a big fan, I-I'm a big fan, thank you so much... I don't know what to say right now, I'm-"

"It's okay, Emily is a sweet girl, she deserves a gift from me"

Louis turned to me "Let's go, I'd leave after paying" Emily held Louis' hand and the doll on the other.

Her Mom trailed behind them and couldn't stop admiring Louis, I felt she shouldn't be doing that but I knew it was hard for anyone not to stare.

When we were about to part ways Emily gave Louis one last hug then waved to me, she was a friendly cute girl. I felt good to be back on the road, thinking about Louis' reaction when he met Emily made me smile.

It's was my first time seeing his soft side "he would make a good father" I said inwardly then blushed as I brushed off my overthinking.

It had been less than an hour since we left the supermarket and Louis and I had been chatting about random things like school and studying but he paused as a white cat with brown eyes sat in his way staring at him.

"Aww.. he's so cute" I smiled at it, Louis hesitated before he squatted stretching his hands slowly, it didn't flinch as Louis touched his fur, when it became more comfortable Louis picked it up holding it like his most prized possession which made me like him more as a person

"Snow! Come back here this instant" we turned to see a black-haired slim pale guy with mono eyelid black eyes about our age dressed in baggy clothes running towards us.

"Sorry if he caused you any trouble" he took the cat gently without raising his head "no problem, he's a good boy" Louis replied

"Thank you so- Louis! Louis Walter!" his jaw dropped to the ground, Louis' chuckle was softened by his usual cute smile.

I realized Louis' name was written on his shirt when I took a second glance at him, "S-Snow and I are huge fans, we love you, your interviews are amazing!"

"Cats like me too, cool" Louis fondled its face and snow seemed to enjoy it, the cat owner grinned widely at his gesture

"Would have loved to stay for some time but I'm busy right now" Louis smiled at both of them then turned to leave.

As we walked away we heard the cat owner shouting from afar "have fun! Make sure you get enough sleep Louis, eat well too, we'd support you always! Goodbye!"

Louis flashed a smile shaking his head as he whispered "he's a loud one"

I looked at Louis and wondered if he gets this type of attention every time he's not with escorts. I've heard you can get sued if you pester a celebrity in Magnolia. That's why they can move alone freely most times.

My eyes widened as Louis grabbed my hand "let's do something fun, this walk is getting boring. Let's play a game, what do you say?"