Chapter 29

FIONA's POV

During assembly, I managed to dodge Louis. The bell for the first lesson has just been rung, I arranged my locker quickly with my eyes roaming around like a thief. I arrived at the class door with no trace of Louis

"Good morning! Fiona" I jumped back with my eyes popping out "good morning" I replied faking a smile.

"Excuse me" I squeezed through the edge of the door and took a seat, I felt like digging a hole when Louis took the seat next to me.

"So... how was your night?" I nodded, turning to hide my pink face.

"Fiona... I still want you" my face turned red "shut up! I didn't mean a single word I said"

"Hmm... you're sure? I'll stay with you all night if you want me to" he whispered into my ears, I shoved his shoulder as my face turned red like ripened tomatoes.

"I'm just teasing, relax" Louis chuckled.

Jack and Dylan waved from afar as they walked towards us

"What are you guys up to?" Jack smiled staring at both of us

"You've gotten close during the holidays huh?" Dylan smirked wiggling his brows

We looked away, ignoring both of them.

I could feel the intense stare around as I walked to my locker during break, some talked in low tones about my relationship with Louis. Most concluded that he's using me because exams are around the corner. I was tagged 'the pretty nerd' in their discussion.

I stacked my books, my head filled with doubt and negativity "Is he using me? What if Suzy was trying to warn me for her benefits? I don't know what I'd do if Louis was faking everything"

I gasped moving back, my eyes met his as I shut my locker. Louis grinned at me, my heart skipped a beat. I didn't know if it was triggered by guilt or something else.

"Lunch?"

"I-I'll catch up with you" I opened my locker searching for nothing "why is he standing?" I inwardly cried after stalling for a few minutes I turned with a fake smile "okay, let's go"

I bowed my head ignoring the stares and gossips from all corners. We ordered our food, it was time to part ways. Louis turned "you can sit with me if you want" he smiled warmly. I glanced at the table then at him "no thanks" I smiled back.

Louis' smile slowly disappeared "oh... see you in class" he forced a smile then walked away. I wanted to sit with him badly but his friends and a few of their girlfriends were there. We are not even dating, the thought of me sitting with him makes me shy. I want to keep a low profile and Louis' status is not helping matters.

It has been two days, Louis and I have been talking less, I don't know if it was because I rejected his invitation or it was something personal

The bell jiggled for break, the sound of chairs and tables filled the air, some gossiping in groups as they walked out, I swung my bag on my shoulder but was pulled by the ripping sound of my skirt and quickly covered my sides with widened eyes.

The voices of some girls drew my attention. Suzy and her friends were by the corner with a fishing rod and a piece of my uniform attached to it. Susan arched her brow with a smirk and arms folded "This suits you better... Louis will love the new style don't you think?" I opened my mouth, eyebrows furrowed but no actual words came out.

Susan cat-walked to the door blowing a kiss before she left. I was stuck in the class, unfortunately for me, I'm fond of keeping my jacket in my locker. I stood waiting for the second half of the day.

I gasped hiding my sides as Louis jogged in "Fiona, I've been looking all over for you... let's eat lunch" I swerved avoiding his hands

"C'mon, I saved a seat for you" Louis pulled my other hand exposing the damaged part, I quickly covered it, my face flushed and buried to the ground unable to look into his eyes.

Louis pulled his jacket draping it around my waist, he was an inch away gazing into my eyes, my heart skipped a beat I could feel my cheeks heating up, I thought about moving closer until he frowned "who did this to you?"

I didn't say a word, he nodded with his fixed gaze "okay, fine, you don't need to tell me cuz I know already" Louis walked out, I called him multiple times but he didn't answer, I ran to meet up with him

I increased my speed as I saw him standing in front of her, I tried to pull him convincing him not to do anything but he shoved his shoulder without sparing me a glance so I backed off "What happened to Fiona's skirt?" Louis asked like a detective in charge of interrogation. Susan shrugged "I dunno, It seems pretty fine to me"

I could hear the rattling sound of her bones as Louis punched the wall behind "you're not talking, I'm losing my patience"

"I-It was not me... ah maybe it was and-"

Louis' eyebrows creased glaring daggers into her eyes. Susan's lips parted, her eyeballs trembling in fear, she masked her expression with a smile "I mean... it was just a small prank"

He swung his fist, Jack appeared from nowhere blocking his movement "Louis! That's enough" Susan shrunk almost passing through the locker keyhole, her hands protecting her face.