Chapter 22

FIONA's POV

"Okay, Okay I'd get it" I stretched my hands to reach for the jacket but he pressed my legs harder and I couldn't move.

I crawled on my belly and heard an outburst of laughter as I attempted to free myself before I knew it he pulled me roughly.

"Let go! I said I'd pick it"

He twisted my hand behind my back "That order expired a minute ago" his cold deep voice tingled in my ears sending shivers down my spine.

"Leave her alone!" I heard a loud sound from behind. He grunted then stumbled backward. I quickly turned and saw a fierce Louis staring daggers into his eyes.

He darted his eyes "Stay somewhere safe" as I was about to leave I heard the sound of tables crashing, I gasped and rushed to Louis but I was pulled by Jack and Dylan "He said stay back" they chorused.

Louis jumped to his feet punching him on his face the crowd went 'ohhh' when his nose began to bleed. They exchanged kicks and punches Louis was winning until the other two gave him a uniform jab on his chest.

The crowd noise increased when a group of boys appeared, dividing themselves and began to fight.

The crowd began to disperse when someone screamed "The Principal is coming!" I was tossed at all corners because I was going to the direction of the fight to tell them to stop but I was too late.

The principal entered and told the boys to follow her, the place was still noisy and scattered, I could only catch a glimpse of Louis' fearless look.

After waiting after closing time for two hours I finally saw the same group of boys who were involved in the fight, my eyes met with Louis then I waved at him vigorously then he began to walk to me

"Hello, what are you still doing here?" Louis gave me a cute smile

"I-I was waiting for you" he nodded and turned a little then I saw the sharp cut close to his chin and a few light red patches on his lips and face.

"Why? Why did you fight him? You couldn't have been hurt if you-"

"What do you expect me to do? Stand and watch you get bullied? Your fight is my fight, no one can bully you, understand? " he half-yelled with an indescribable look in his eyes. I gave him a small smile "Thank you"

I knew he would be questioned if he went home looking like that so I suggested that we go to my house to make it less noticeable, we were both quiet and kept a small distance until we reached.

When we got back I asked him to sit on my reading chair then I treated his wounds. It was a little bit awkward but it was the least I could do for him. After that, I told him to rest a bit on my bed while I laid my head on the table. In a short while Louis stood up