Chapter 64

FIONA's POV 
Mavis gasped with a smirk, "Which one?"

Rita gestured with her head, "I promised Louis his wife will be the most beautiful bride," she said. "We'll get it in silver glamour"

"The brand shop? But it'll take like twelve hours," Rita said.

"I know. They have the best wedding dresses," Mavis said.

...

In the morning we left in Mavis' jet. I raised my head at the gold five-story building with a dark roof.  I glanced at the inscription 'silver glamour' on the glass doors. Tons of white gowns were displayed, I peeked at the circular golden stairs.

"Mavis! What a surprise," a dark-skinned woman with a braided bun, and light makeup, dressed in a red long fitted gown walked in. She looked to be in her early forties. 

Mavis ran to hug her, "Betty! I haven't seen you since college, you look stunning," she said. 

"Did you come for your wedding dress," Betty teased.

"Not in a million years, I'm here for Louis' fiancee," Mavis said.

"Wow! They grow up so fast, c'mon," she said.

I was taken to a room, Betty and a brunette assisted me to change. I walked to where Rita, Mavis and Erica were seated.

 "How's this," Betty said. Erica and Mavis shook their heads at the same time. 

"Too plain," Erica said.

"Yeah, it's missing something," Mavis said.

After a thousand tries, I was on the verge of giving up when they yelled, "Yes!" 

I sighed and relaxed my shoulders. "A little touch," Betty added the veil, it dazzled under the lights as I turned around. "Do you like it?" she said.

From the off-shoulder floral lace top to the overskirt sparkles, I liked every inch of it.

I moved my hips to the left, then the right, "I love it," I said.

"Pretty, we have a winner," Rita said.

...

In less than two weeks the wedding frenzy was concluded. It was the main event.

My short veil was attached to the bun, the rose crown on my head reminded me of home. I dabbed the edge of my eyes to prevent a tear from ruining the mild makeup. I stared at the white dress and wondered if I made the right choice.

"Aww... you look so gorgeous!" 

"Erica? This is the tenth time," I said.

"Just one more," she moved like an acrobat, taking photos at all angles in seconds.

Betty poked her head from the door, "Hurry up, the ceremony can't start without the bride and her maid of honor." 

"One sec," Erica assisted me as I slipped into my silver stilettos. I rushed to the door, wearing my earrings. 

...

The silver limousine parked next to the gold carpet, the few necks seated on the white chairs turned. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"You can do this girl, it will be over before you know it," a hand rubbed my shoulder from behind. 

I pinched my gown and stepped out with my head high and chest slightly out, each graceful step led to my grinning husband, I wiggled my brows and smiled. The elderly man cleared his throat, 

"Do you, Louis, take Fiona, to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish, from this day forward till death do you part?" 

With a cheeky smile, he replied, "I do."

I've been waiting for this day, but I couldn't help but wonder about the challenges ahead, we've been through a lot since the first day. Louis seemed confident, I should trust him and my instincts—I did the right thing.

I froze as the stare of the people accompanied by an unbearable silence bore into my soul, Louis and Nicholas looked like they were unable to breathe. The man tilted his head to Louis with widened eyes—like he was hinting at me. 

"I think this is the part when you say I do," Erica whispered.

"I do!" I half-yelled then the crowd clapped.

Louis folded my veil and grabbed my waist, I held his shoulder with a hand then waved the last layer of my gown as we kissed. 

...

During the after-party, I held Louis' arms as we walked around to greet our guests, it took a while to notice Dylan and Jack were

part of his groomsmen. 

"Can we meet them shortly," I tapped Louis. 

Dylan was already waving from afar. 

"You look fucking lovely, I couldn't recognize you," Jack said.

"I knew you'll end up together," Dylan said.

"Thanks, it's good to see you guys," I said.

"We'll talk later," Louis said.

"Have fun!" Jack said.

"I wish you a blissful night, full details tomorrow," Dylan smirked.

 Louis faked a laugh and pulled me along.

"Fiona, I'll like you to meet someone special," he said.

We got closer to a woman with long curly hair, dressed in a golden fitted dinner gown. A glass of champagne was in her hand as she observed the environment in silence.

"Mom, she's here," Louis said.

I hyperventilated as her brown eyes met mine, I remember that diamond face, pointed nose and blush pink lips anywhere. I sniffed and held back the flood in my eyes.

"Mother," I said.