Chapter 26

LOUIS' POV(previously)

In the morning I dressed in white joggers and gold sneakers then left immediately after my Dad traveled. I knocked on the door when I got to Fiona's house. I gasped as she opened the door fully revealing herself. She looked cute in the pink shirt, baggy jeans and black sneakers.

"Good morning Fiona, it's nice to see you," I greeted then she replied with a nod while shutting the door.

As she walked beside me with the strange silence all I could think of was how I would start my plan. I was second-guessing if this idea was a good one.

"You have come this far, why give up now?" my inner voice asked, a big structure drew my attention. It was a supermarket, the one my parents first took me to when I was younger. I wanted to take a look so I changed directions. I was walking when I noticed Fiona was not following so I went outside to call her in.

I turned after a while only to see her eyes dazzling in amazement I could help but smile at her expression "I come to this place sometimes, I'm happy you like it too, I-" I looked below only to see a little black girl with double puffy ponytail holding my leg "Louis Walter! I love you so much" my eyes widened not expecting something like that from her.

I crouched then smiled at her "What's your name?"

"Emily" she grinned shyly

"Okay Emily, what did you come here to buy?"

"I want to buy a Barbie doll but Mommy wants to buy food" she pouted as she looked at her shoes

"Ahh... okay, which doll do you want to buy?" I asked then she ran and came back shortly with a black doll

"See, she looks just like me" Emily smiled hugging the packaged doll

I don't know what came over me but I was determined to get the doll for the girl for some reason, maybe it was because I'm used to getting things that I want and I just wanted her to feel that satisfaction today for that unexpected greeting. My Dad taught me things like this shouldn't be my business and I should ignore them.

"C'mon, we're buying your barbie doll" she screamed and jumped on me hugging me tightly.

"Let me tell Mommy" she ran and returned with her mother this time.

"OMG Louis! my daughter is a big fan, I-I'm a big fan, thank you so much... I don't know what to say right now, I'm-"

"It's okay, Emily is a sweet girl, she deserves a gift from me" I cut her short intentionally not being a lover of too much blabbing.

I turned to Fiona "Let's go, I'd leave after paying" Emily grabbed my hands and held the doll in another while the others trailed behind.

We were about to part ways when Emily gave me a last warm hug then she waved at Fiona

When we were back on the road I was thinking of the right time to start the plan so I started a random conversation, on the way we saw a white cat with brown eyes staring at me.

"Aww... he's so cute" Fiona smiled at the little creature. She liked the cat as much as I did so I bent and stretched my hands slowly surprisingly it did not try to run away or bite me when I touched its fur after a while I was able to pick it up then held it close to my chest

"Snow! Come back here this instant" we turned to see a black-haired slim pale guy with mono eyelid black eyes about our age dressed in baggy clothes running towards us.