Chapter 72

FIONA's POV 
Her parents let out a sigh of relief then gripped her with tears in their eyes, the little one hugged them in shock, not knowing what happened.

Mist lifted her head and grinned at me, I moved my fingers with a smile to say hello, I'm glad I didn't give up on them. 

Her mother squeezed our hands with teary eyes "Thank you so much! Queen Fiona and King Frost, how can I ever repay you?" before I could speak Zane replied, "No problem, it's fine"

I turned to confirm it was the same person I met an hour ago. Mist's Mom insisted we take some of her homemade cookies. 

...

The birds chirped on the thin branches, I squinted at the sun rays peeking through the leaves, the area was serene, perfect for a stroll. 

I darted at Zane with my side view, he was either mad or in deep thought—I could tell by his stern look. The prolonged silence made me uncomfortable. 

"Hey, Zane, your skills are amazing. How did you know the right antidote?" I said. "Sleeping herbs," he said then continued "also called hibernation herbs, drain all energy from your body, for weeks or months until it's deactivated"

I had many questions and I wanted to thank him for the help, "Zane, will you join us for lunch in the castle? My ambassadors will be pleased to meet you," I said. He paused for a while then nodded.

Raven was passing by as I flung the door open, "Hey guys, I'm back!" I said. He trailed behind as I walked to her "This is Raven" Zane took her hand and kissed it gently, "Aren't you a sexy caramel," he said. She blushed then said shyly, "Thank you."

I exhaled and pulled him away, he stopped in his tracks, "who's the hot chocolate over there?" he smirked, "Ash," I said.

Ash dropped the last teacup on the table and rushed to us, "Hello! Would you join us for tea?" She batted her eyelashes with a leg hanging in the air. "Of course, anything for you," he said in a seductive voice. 

Iceberg was at the corner, gawking in our direction, the book in his hand was barely in a readable position. 

He flinched with a light shade of red on his face as Zane darted, "Hey pretty boy, take a picture, it'll last longer," he flashed his set of sparkling teeth. "That's Iceberg," I said. 

Cyan stomped with an angry face like a giant, my eyes widened as Zane moved to him, "I wouldn't go there if I were you," I half-yelled. What was the point? He wouldn't listen.

Cyan glared as he got closer. "The color red was made for you, it's giving gangsta vibes," Zane winked, Cyan's eyebrows furrowed, "You're okay, bruh? Who are you? King Elsa?" he said blankly then walked away. 

Zane's life flashed before his eyes, he thought he could flirt with anyone, I guess Cyan gave him a reality check. The look on his face was priceless. I smirked, "that's Cyan"

...

After lunch, we began to chat and everyone seemed to enjoy his company—except Cyan. Now he felt welcomed and it was time to strike.

"What race are you from? I'm a Salvin, that's why I'm different but I don't think I've seen your species," I said. They glanced at him, probably curious too. 

He stared at his tea with an irritated look, the silence obvious, "It's okay if you don't wanna talk about it, you know?" I forced a laugh to dilute the tension.

Zane played with the handle, "That memory is a bit blurry, I was a Glorindian, don't know how I got to the mountain. When I woke up the snow had mutated my body, that explains my water Elevana features" he said.

We looked at him in pity, I was guilty of ruining the mood. 

"Why didn't you go back to the mystical community?" Raven said. We glared at her knowingly but we all wanted to hear his reply. 

Zane shook his head with a painful smile, "I can't stay for a long time, I am snow." 

We looked at ourselves like we were asking who understood. The room was quiet again, Fortunately, Ash spoke. 

"Tomorrow is the Action festival! We gather to watch contestants display their fighting skills. Wanna come?"  she nudged his sides with her elbow. 

"Alright," Zane said.

ON ONE POV 
"My guys will be loaded! Watch out people," Raven said.

"Guess who's bringing the heat! You're going down," Cyan said.

"Let's do our final preparations, I need to clean my knuckles," Ash said. 

Fiona turned to Zane, "Give us a sec, we'll be back soon."

Zane waited for their voices to disappear, he looked at both sides. He brought his hands from under the table, his fingertips had begun to melt.

"Urgh! Why so soon" He tucked his hands inside his robe then sighed. "This is not going as expected," he murmured.

Zane paused then turned to the door, he inhaled as he saw Iceberg, they stared at themselves in shock.

Zane panicked inwardly as he thought of what to say, "Hi, I didn't see you there," he said.

Iceberg grabbed the book on the table, "I came to get this"

Zane sighed in relief as Iceberg walked away, "maybe he saw nothing" he thought.

Iceberg paused, he looked at the hand in his robe then darted to him, "Are you okay?"