32 - The Weight Of Tomorrow

Start from the beginning

And they deserve a soulful applauses! Without them, being the pillars, Karasuno Boy's Volleyball Team won't exist.

After their bow, the team is being greeted by the Nekoma team and the team that has Fukurodani written on their jacket. They must be the teams who have supported the crows all throughout and it's comforting to see their brotherhood.

The team is still wrapping their things up, and I'm with Kei in the coffee shop located in front of the gym.

I told him that I want to buy a hot drink, and surprisingly, he tags along

I told him that I want to buy a hot drink, and surprisingly, he tags along. After buying, we both go to the green space with free seats.

And he's not in his usual mood—which is a sight to see.

I only take a sip to my salted caramel hot chocolate. Then I laugh inwardly. Salted.

"How are you," I speak as I sip again, "Kei?"

As I glance at him, he's already looking at me. Then we both look in front. "Hm, well, I feel such-a-shame."

"Arara," I mutter, having a wary tune. "Why? You were amazing a while ago. Game well played, I'd say."

I hear no response. And his silence is kinda making me nervous. I try to laugh it all off, but it's not a very convincing laugh.

"How's Shoyo, by the way?" I ask, brushing the awkwardness away.

"Don't worry about him, he's all right," he flatly replies.

I make a quick nod. I should've remained silent, because what I feel right now is that no matter what words will I say, it'll be a landmine. But if I remained silent, then what kind of a friend I am? At least, I must cheer him up.

Before I can compose a sentence, he has already professed a word. "Sorry," he says, barely with emotion. "Did I upset you?"

"No, you didn't," I respond soon as I hear him. "But you're upset."

"Do I need to spell it out to you? We've just lost."

There's a change of tone in his voice, and I should stay calm, though I'm so perturbed. "That's why," I exhale, "I'm telling you that you did great."