"What happened to her that day"? I asked.

"Sorry, I dint tell to anyone about that day's incident", Yuvi said.

"Just spill it out Yuvi",my dad said.

"She was roaming around the streets on that heavy rainy day and...and she..", he was stammering.

"Please tell me Yuvi. What happened to her"? I asked tears welling up in my eyes.

"She was about to get raped not once but twice that day, by gods grace we reached her before anything could happen to her", he said.

My pupils dilated on hearing this. It send me shivers all over my body.

What?

Rape?

She was about to get raped that day? I called her and texted her a number of times that day but there was no answer.

I banged my hand on my desk getting angry on my self. Hot tears were flowing from my eyes.

"Mahir control yourself beta", my dad said.

"What the fuck were you all doing when she was wandering on the streets on that heavy rainy day"? I asked holding Yuvi's collar.

"Can I know where were you Mahir'? Bela's dad asked.

Now I felt like I was slapped.

"I...I and Bani were together that day", I said with shame.

We both were having our time and Bela was in danger that day.
I shouldn't have just leave her with a call or a text. I should have searched for her.

Instead I pushed her away.

"From that day she lost her sanity and she was broken beyond repair when she got to know about your marriage",Bela's dad said.

"You know what Mahir? She had a dream to get admission in London university and by gods grace she got one. But for you she thought to let it go. She wanted to stay with you, she never wanted to leave you", he said.

I never wanted her to leave.

"But after knowing about you and Bani, she decided to leave forever", he said.

"She knew that if Bani would know about her love, she will not even think a second in sacrificing her love for Bela. She dint want to become a problem between you both, so she left", he said.

My eyes were flowing continuously after listening to him.

"You both were busy with your wedding preparations and forgot that she ever existed in your life Mahir bhai",Yuvi said with anger.

"No I dint",I said.

"Yes you did. We all are witness for those days. She used to put a plastic smile and walk around all those days",Yuvi said.

"Mahir this is just a small part of her story. There is more you need to know and she has to tell you that",Bela's dad said.

"And what is that about"? I asked.

"Her life in London", he said.

"No one knows about it except me and her,but gain your trust from her to know it", he said.

"She always trusts him uncle",Yuvi said.

I sat down on my chair and gulped down the glass of water.

How much did she suffer?

I never knew how a heart break feels until Bani left me.

Now I'm in Bela's shoes. But I have no right to compare it with her loss.