Family Dinner

Siddharth got ready for the shoot in the outfits that Shehnaaz has designed for him. They both went for the shoot. Vikas was happy to see him relaxed. He was amazed to see how in the morning his face was dull and now he is smiling. Only Shehnaaz can bring out the best in him.

Rashmi noticed Shehnaaz's giggles, she went near Aarti and asked "Look how Shehnaaz is smiling like nothing happened?"

Aarti was not able to answer anything. She was lost in her own thoughts. She did not tell anything to her yet. She was scared already and now explaining everything to Rashmi was itself a task. She probably knew what would be her reaction after knowing that their plan has failed.

Rashmi asked her again "Where are you lost? Are they wearing your outfits?"

She gathered courage and explained everything to her.

"What does she think of herself? How did she managed everything? Main thing which is stuck in my brain is why Siddharth is helping her?" she whisper-shouted.

"I don't know anything. I am scared of Asim. He will be very disappointed." Aarti whispered.

"Don't worry. She will not say anything to Asim. We need to plan something bigger next time. This girl is getting on my nerves." she hissed and left from there.

Siddharth completed his shoot, changed into his casuals in his vanity and he messaged Shehnaaz "Come in parking area. Waiting for you there."

Shehnaaz read the message, picked up her stuff and went towards parking area.

She sat inside the car and said " I am glad everything had gone smoothly today. In the morning I was very worried. Thankyou for being there by my side."

"I did not do anything. I knew it was not your fault and someone had intentionally planned it against you." Siddharth replied with a smile.

Shehnaaz held his shoulder, kissed him and said "Thank you so much". Later kept her head on him and played some music. They were about to enter the society gate when Siddharth saw his mom with Preeti di. "Mom" Siddharth uttered. Shehnaaz almost got scared and asked "Where?"

Siddharth pointed towards the direction where his mom was standing. "Oh no! Now?"Shehnaaz said being scared as if someone has caught them.

"Chill Shehnaaz. She is my mom. Why are you scared? Come let's go and meet mom." he replied.

"Are you sure Siddharth?"she whispered.

"Of course. Come on she knows all my friends. Just relax."he reassured and parked his car in the visitor's parking near the gate and moved towards his mom.

His mom and sister were surprised to see Shehnaaz with him. Both of them looked at him with questioning eyes. He hugged his mom and sister and asked "When did you come?"with a smile on his face. "In the afternoon"mom replied.

He broke the hug and said "Why did not you tell me earlier?"

"We wanted to give you surprise but seems like you have some surprise for us." Preeti di replied while looking at Shehnaaz.

"Oh I forgot to introduce Shehnnaz. Mom, Preeti di meet Shehnaaz. She is living at 25th floor in our tower and we are working together. She is my designer."he replied with a smile.

They both hugged Shehnaaz and talked to her nicely and invited her for dinner at their home.

Shehnaaz was bit relaxed after meeting them. Preeti di was in a mood to pull Siddharth's leg but then thought it could be awkward for Shehnaaz here. They moved from there. Shehnaaz went to her apartment. Preeti di and his mom to 27th floor and Siddharth went to park his car in the basement.

While coming out of the car, he saw Shehnaaz forgot one of her bags. He picked that up and went to Shehnaaz's apartment first to handover the bag. He rang the door bell, she opened the door and there he was standing with a ladies bag in his hands. "Oh sorry ! I forgot this in your car."she said. "No problem. Dont be late for dinner. Come soon."Siddharth said. Shehnaaz nodded and asked him "Sidddhhhaarrth what should I wear?" Siddharth laughed on her question and said "Baby you are not coming for the first time."
"I can't come in joggers to meet your mom and sister. That's why I am asking you."she replied making an angry pout.
"Relax baby. Wear whatever you want. Its just a family dinner. Only we will be there." he said while holding her hand.
Shehnaaz smiled and said "Okay. See you soon."
Siddharth said "I will be waiting for you" and he left from there.

Shehnaaz was a bit nervous today. Though she is just his friend's mom but still it made her worry..."What if she won't like me...What if I make a mistake in front of her" a lot was going in her head. She just closed her eyes in order to stop all those thoughts knocking her head and finally decided to pick out a plain pink coloured suit from her wardrobe, paired it with a contrast dupatta and started getting ready. She wanted to keep it simple yet elegant.

At Siddharth's home :

Siddharth and his sister were sitting in the living room having their tea. Siddharth was engrossed in his phone. Preeti noticed Siddharth and asked "We liked your surprise." Siddharth coughed and replied "C'mon di we are working together and she is just a good friend of mine."
Preeti was in a mood to tease him. "I see..Good friends or something else?she asked. "Just good friends..nothing more than that"he replied while looking down whereas his sister laughed.

After 45 minutes door bell rang, Siddharth's mom went to open the door. It was Shehnaaz, she hugged and greeted his mother. Rita ji reciprocated the hug, kissed her on forehead and welcomed her inside. She moved towards Preeti di and hugged her. Next she was going in the direction where Siddharth was standing, she noticed how he was lost in staring her.

She side hugged Siddharth, he came back to his senses and whispered "Beauty in Pink" in her ears

She side hugged Siddharth, he came back to his senses and whispered "Beauty in Pink" in her ears. Shehnaaz blushed and her cheeks turned into deep shade of pink. This did not go unnoticed by his mom and sister. They smiled looking at each other.

Rita ji made her comfortable, started talking to her and asked about her family. She got mixed up in no time. The nervousness which was clearly visible on her face few minutes ago was turned into end to end grin.

They had their dinner and it did not felt like she was meeting them for the first time. Shehnaaz continued with her stories about the set, her team, new friends everything. Rita ji and Preeti were having huge smile while listening to her stories. They were busy adoring this girl spreading all smiles. Preeti too shared their childhood stories with Shehnaaz. Siddharth sat there looking at their beautiful bond with a huge smile on his face. He was glad how the most important ladies of his life got along with his friend so well. All of them enjoyed each other's company. With this the day went by so quickly. "When all the dust is settled and all the crowds are gone, the things that matter are faith, family and friends." Siddharth thought and whispered with a smile on his face "Today all of us were together, I forget the rest."

How is this part?

Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.

Don't forget to hit star button in the end.

Are you guys liking the flow of the story. Share your feedback and suggestions. I would love to hear from all of you.

Happy reading :)