Chapter 13

…. BRYSON’S POV:

   I walk into the kitchen to see Maggie sitting on a chair eating some toast. I roll my eyes at her.

     “What are you still doing here?” I ask her and she scowl s at me.

“I live here too, I can go and stay as I please,” she mumbles.

     “Nobody wants you here so you might as well go,” I snap and she looks hurt. I instantly regret it, but don’t say anything.

   “I don’t see why you have to be so mean… What did I ever do to you?” she says quietly.

 “Because you can’t just go and say whatever you feel like saying to my girlfriend. Obviously you knew that and you did it anyway, so really this is your fault,”

     “You could have stuck up for me! I am your sister and you just let her talk crap about me and now no one wants to even look at me without glaring and or laughing except Ayanna and Max,” she explains.

 “Ayanna is not as great as she seems,” I lie and Maggie glares at me. She stands up and walks right up to me.

    “You are so judgmental! You say Aya is not great but you are way worse than even Sharon,” she snaps and I flinch.

 “You don’t know a thing I am going through,” I snap back and she raises her eyebrows.

      “You’re right. I don’t because you won’t talk to me about it! Ever since I stood up to Sharon you have been ignoring me. But from what I hear you are not that happy about being with her anymore. But yet, you refuse to dump her or stand up for yourself,”

    “Why don’t you just mind your own business?” I yell and she shoves me backwards.

 “It’s kind of hard to when you practically shove your business in Aya’s face and then she tells me about it,” Maggie says and her eyes soften.

     I close my eyes and sigh. Of course Aya tells Maggie everything….

“Bryson…I just am tired of fighting with you and you ignoring me,” she says quietly and I watch her walk away. It takes everything I have not to call her back and apologize for the way I have been acting.

    I don’t know why I can’t just swallow my pride and say sorry, but I just can’t… And it really is true that I can’t dump Sharon. I don’t know why… Every time I think about it I force myself to stop.

      I grab my backpack and head to school.

When I pull into the parking lot  I see Sharon waiting for me with a frown on her face.