Chapter 12

BRYSON'S POV:

The next day at school i ignore Aya throughout the day. I can feel her watching me, but i can't make myself look at her or talk to her.

I know i shouldn't have told her what really happened at the party, but she looked so upset and i just wanted someone to know the truth because i have been lying to everyone, including, myself, about what happened that night.

"Hey, Bry, are you ok?"Jake asks as we head to football practice.

"Yep, completely perfect,"I reply and Jake raises his eyebrows at me.

"Oh really?"Jake says skeptically.

"Yeah, really, don't test me Jake. I am captain fo the football team. I could make you run 20 laps around the track,"I warn him.

Jakes grins and slapss my back.

"I'd like to see you make me,"hee jokes.

I am about to reply when the cheerleaders walk by us, with everysingle one of them glaring at me. Sharon's glare is particullarly bitter as she storms past me.

“Wow, what did you do to them to make them look at you like that?” Jake asks in surprise.

“Not them, just Sharon. I basically got her detention,” I explain and Jake whistles in appreciation.. He has never liked Sharon.

“That’s what I’m talking about,” Jake says and holds out his fist for me to bump.

“Do I pay you two ladies to just stand around?” Coach yells and I grin at him.

“You don’t pay us at all, Coach,” I yell back.

“Don’t give me your sass, Bryson,” Coach says.

“I will give you all the sass I want, I’m captain,” I reply with a wide grin.

“I’ll de-captain you,” Coach says.

“Is de-captain even the term for it?” I ask him and he shrugs carelessly.

“It is now. Get on the field and get ready to start running,” Coach says and I groan.

Great. Of course we’re running again.

“Are we going to actually practice anytime soon? Our next game is this Thursday and it’s already Tuesday,” I complain.

“Well, I guess you guys shouldn’t have gone to that party,” Coach says with a smirk.

“So, you don’t care if we lose then?” I ask with my eyebrows raised.

“I didn’t say that,” Coach says.