Chapter 16

Glitter Dusk
Jinx's pov
I can't believe it's almost summer break! In just a week I'll be swimming near seashell bay or near Rainbow Hills coast. I have a lot on my ming though. I haven't forgotten my mom's a pre cure and it's hard to keep Candy out of sight. She is desperate to meet my dad and see my mom so I have to keep her quiet. Also, I keep hanging out with Ezra and Lucia at school. It's fun , but I feel like Ezra wants to be more than friends . I know he has a lot on his mind but I'm not really there to calm him down- He has a red hot temper- only to learn info on his dad so I can hopefully locate and rescue him. We- that is. To be honest I think it's quite sweet that he likes me and wants to protect me, like at school the other day when I almost fell down the stairs. It's still hard being a Jinx and the daughter of a precure. I haven't told Lucia for if she gets involved I feel she might get hurt if she is put in the frey . But Ezra is always around me - especially nowadays. We sat down on the edge of the grass hill. Just me and him . I felt weird and his eyes were burning into the back of my head. I blushed. Candy glared feircely at him but I swatted her away. But she jumped a foot in the air, surprising me. " It's him !" She yelled. We looked in the direction she was indicating towards. " Looks like we got company," Ezra sat up. A dark- haired boy was floating one hundred feet in the air with a book in his hand. People were splayed on their knees with sad expressions mumbling depressing sentences. " Candy! What's going on?"
" That - " She gestured with her tiny paw, " is the person who invaded Jubiland!" She yelled.
Hox's pov
I saw the humans walking down the seawall as the sun set. They were pathetic . Couples were hand in hand and felt like I was going to puke. If my plan worked, I would be able to draw out Rascal's daughter. Hopefully... I opened the book in my hands and smeared the ink on the page. Everyone dropped to their knees- apart from two kids on the large grass hill, who were now staring at me. And that was when I realised...
3rd Person pov
" Candy ! What do I do?!" Jinx panicked .The little pixie gritted her teeth , thinking about her decisions and the risks and outcomes of this scenario. She made a quick decision." Say the words Glitter Force makeover, then let your pad do the rest."
" What pad?" Ezra slapped his forehead. " Just say the words! "
"Are you- " He glared." Glitter Force makeover!" All around her became strange and her vision disorientated. And then a bright light shone through the black. Her body began to sparkle and a small pact appeared in front of her. "Errrrrrrrrrr,Candy? Ezra? Heloooooooo? Guess I'm on my own," she took the puff in her hand and swiped it across the surface . Then an outfit began to appear. " What the hell?! " The purple themed dress was short and clingy - and to be honest it wasn't really her style- but you have to make sacrifices whilst saving the world.
Her hair sprouted down to her thighs in a magnificent ponytail and she began to feel a falling sensation. Candy began to materialise and she whispered hurriedly in her ear." Think of a name for yourself, glitter - then choose what's next," Jinx nodded. This was kinda fun." The beginning of the end! I'm Glitter Dusk!" She twirled. The sparkles faded. " Nice to meet you, " Hox smirked. His plan was working perfectly. Then he realised Candy and Ezra were stood below him . " Looks like you brought friends, " He hurled a ball of dark energy towards them but raised his eyebrows when Ezra disappeared along with Candy. Ezra materialised behind him and punched him hard on the nose. " What the-" His nose began to spurt blood.
" Oh, did I mention I can teleport," He grinned. This was not going how Hox planned .He growled and tried to hit Ezra but he ducked with ease. " Why you little!" He screamed balling his fists. Seconds later he drew out a large , red ball. " That is one big jawbreaker..." Jinx trailed off as the ball became a humongous shadow. She looked at Candy panicking." Was this supposed to happen???"
" Errrrrrrrrr, yeah?" She steadied her stance as the shape grew and grew. " Buffoon!!!" The thing yelled. Candy began to quake in fear. " It's okay Candy, Jinx has totally got this , it runs in the family , you'll be safe," Ezra said reassuringly, but he didn't sound entirely certain. While he was saying this, the warrior before him raised her head into the Buffoons face . " Bring it you big bully!!!"