Chapter 2

The New girl

"You okay? " The blonde girl asked her .

"Yes thanks ,"

"They'll find someone new to pick on soon I'm sure . My name's Cassie." Jinx sat herself on the chair next to her and the teacher began the lesson. It was some trash about Shakespeare's Hamlet and Jinx had done it before. Still ,she sat through the lesson , waiting for recess when she could find Farren.

She wanted him to fix her skirt before lunch as the tear had become rather exposing and if she could help it she didn't want it yo get any bigger. Then her bad luck may get a whole lot worse.

By the time it was recess ,Jinx had found out a lot about her new classmates , including the boy who took the mick out of her. The girl to watch out for was named Blair and Cassie had said you DO NOT want to mess with her. The boy - Ezra was a typical bad boy who was always sticking gum on people's plimsolls from their P.E kits which he thought was funny until some 5th grader saw him doing it and snitched on him. There was a nice girl called Lucia with a whole bunch of freckles and two pink Pandora buns who was smart and a little swotty . Personally ,She reminded Jinx of Hermione Granger. Just without the buck teeth . Jinx also had said a lot about her family too because she felt it was fair and wanted Cassie to know .

" Cassie , this is good info on a lot of people. But what about you ? "

" Well , my mom is an artist for a comic series and she get's a lot of money for her job ,"

"That must be fun," Jinx had taken an instant liking to Cassie . She was cute and funny but sweet at the same time.

"Yeah. Anyway , didn't you want to see Farren of something?" It seemed like Cassie was trying to get rid of her for some weird reason . Jinx decided Cassie was right and she probably should go and see them as recess was only another ten minutes.

" You're right , bye Cassie . See you around ," Jinx began to look for Farren but he was nowhere to be seen . She checked her watch. Maybe he stayed in. She thought. He did say lunch times so she assumed it wasn't on purpose.

Doof !

Something smacked into the back of her head. It dropped and rolled onto the floor .

"Soccer ball? Farren!"He was running up to her, cursing himself.

" Sorry Jinx, I didn't mean to -"

"Don't worry. It's normal for me to get socked by a soccer ball!"

"Course,"he shook his head.

" Farren I was being sarcastic. My name may be Jinx, but today is just an off day , I'm not like this all the time."she smiled. He is funny .

"Can you get your friend to fix my skirt at lunch?"

"About that-" but the recess bell had already rung. Farren didn't finish,he just ran right back inside.weird ,I wonder what I'm doing wrong? She thought these people were supposed to be her friends. Jinx walked back inside to start her next class, double maths.