Chapter Thirty Seven

I'm not so naive My sorry eyes can see The way you fly shy Of almost everything Well, if you give up
You'll get what you deserve!

                                       --Paramore, For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic.

 Bella’s Point Of View:

I woke up that morning to find myself alone in my room, I shrugged it off-Edward must’ve slipped out while I was sleeping-I got dressed and hurried downstairs to get some breakfast. Charlie was sitting at the dinner table reading the latest newspaper, Riley’s face was on the front and the headline read ‘Young Man, Still Missing from Forks’-It’s a pity I knew that he wasn’t coming back.

‘Morning, Bells’ Charlie grunted, sipping his coffee. ‘Have fun at school’

‘Morning, Dad, see you later’ I shouted, as I raced out the door and bundled into the truck. I had to try the ignition twice before the engine kicked into action. I let out a sigh of relief-I’m planning on keeping this thing in my vampire life too-I drove hastily to school and parked in my usual spot.

‘Hey, Bella!’ Angela smiled, jogging up to me with the camera around her neck…oh no.

‘Hey Angela, what’s with the camera?’ I asked, pointing at the camera when she’d made it to me.

Angela looked down at her camera. ‘Oh…just pictures for the yearbook, you wanna take one?’ I sighed, I might as well, seem as my appearance will change when I become a vampire. I put both my thumbs up and grinned at the camera; Angela giggled and took the picture. I didn’t bother asking to see it because it’ll probably posted in the yearbook.

‘So…what you wearing for the leaver’s party?’ I asked Angela, trying to make conversation because the silence was killing me. Edward still hadn’t arrived, what’s taking him so long?

‘Nothing special-casual probably-and you?’ Angela sighed, skimming through the photos in her camera.

‘Same…’ Alice would probably beg to differ.

The bell rang for the first lesson and Edward still wasn’t here, I kept my irritation and my anxiousness bottled in. The sun isn’t coming out until next week, he would have told me if he wasn’t coming in today or if he was hunting…I didn’t pay much attention in my English class, so when the sub teacher slammed the dictionary on my table the only reaction I could possibly give was ‘Huh?’

The class burst into a fit of giggles. I bent my head down so my hair would create a dark blanket around my head, while my cheeks burned with embarrassment.

‘Day dreaming again, Miss Swan?’ The sub arched his eyebrow in question.

I didn’t have an answer to that, so instead I said. ‘Sorry, I’m just not feeling well today’ that was the truth because the thought of the Cullens leaving again occurred to me. The sub excused me from the lesson and I made my way to the medical office, I peeped over my shoulder to see if there was anyone behind me-no one-I diverted and headed towards the exit-I needed to know the truth.

I got into the truck and drove as fast as the darn truck would allow me to drive, I couldn’t go over sixty. I left the truck running, while I sped up the steps and started rapidly ringing the doorbell and banging continuously on the door.

‘Edward!’ I yelled. ‘Alice!-Is anyone there?’

I sighed when I didn’t get a reply and went back to my truck, my phone started ringing, Edward’s name flashed on and off the screen. I quickly answered it and pressed the phone to my ear. ‘Hello?-Edward?-Where are you?’ I demanded.