Chapter Fifty One

I just want you close, Where you can stay forever, You can be sure, That it will only get better, You and me together, Through the days and nights I dont worry cause Everythings gonna be alright, People keep talking. They can say what they like But all I know is everything's gonna be alright No one no one no one Can get in the way of what I'm feeling No one no one no one Can get in the way of what I feel for you, You, you,  Can get in the way of what I feel for you....

                                                                         --Alicia Keys, No One.

Chapter Fifty One:

Adrienne's Point Of View:

I opened my eyes; I was in a dark room. I looked around a few times to try and recognize my surroundings but I couldn’t. There was a low hissing sound coming from something at me feet, I looked down and squinted but I just couldn’t make out what it was. There was a spec of light coming from above me; I looked up to see three shadowed figures towering over me. I immediately knew who they were; booing sounds could also be heard in the background of their laughter. The hissing sound started to get more and more vicious. I looked down at what I was wearing, I had on some sort of golden robe. I looked up once more, I was in some kind of den-trapped-I tried running but I only went head first into a wall, I landed on my bottom with a ‘hoof’ sound. The hissing sound was getting louder, closer even. I looked down to see a pair of eyes staring back it me, I screamed. I didn’t need a freakin’ light bulb to know what it was the hissing made sense enough-My most feared thing in the whole world a snake. I tried running but there was no where to go. I started banging on the wall, looking for weak hollow parts that I could knock down. I even tried using fire to burn them but they wouldn’t budge. I started to cry as the snake neared, it’s fork like tongue protruding in and out of it’s mouth, that expanded to a staggering size-as if it was saying to me ‘C’mon Adrienne, jump in-my mouth’s big enough’.

I shook my head, shaking out all the scary voices in my head and started to bang harder on the walls, my fists started to get sore but there was no way I was going to give in. I squeezed my eyes shut as the snake slithered closer to me. I swung my foot at it, the snake opened it’s mouth-ready to catch it-but it missed just by an inch. I cried for help-screamed even-but no one came, Where was Jacob?-My mother?-My friends?-or my Grandmother?-Didn’t they care anymore?-Were they fed up with me, tired of my stupid antics?-I wouldn’t blame them.

I finally stopped banging on the wall, I closed my eyes and clenched my fists and I slowly walked over to the snake, my heard thudding so loudly that you would’ve thought someone was playing a drum kit down here.  Snakes were my worst fear, I bit my lip-willing all the tears to stop falling down my face. I was willing to kill myself to get out of this mysterious place. The hissing started to get fainter and fainter, as if the snake was moving away from me. The light started to grow, get bigger; with my eyes shut my eyelids looked red from the inside.

I opened my eyes; I was in my bedroom back in La Push. I sat up, wiping the sweat off of my forehead. I was dreaming…it was a dream. My heart was racing and my breathing was going at a fast pace. The hissing sound was still there, I looked at my feet, there was three lumps-two of them were my legs-What was the third one? The third lump moved-it moved!-it moved gracefully and slowly up towards me, I didn’t bother waiting for it to get all the way up. I pushed the covers off of me, to reveal the same snake from my dream. I screamed as loud as I could and jumped out of my bed.

Cole and Jacob were the first in the room; I pointed a shaky hand at the snake as if slithered up to my pillow. ‘Get it out!-Get it out!’ I shrieked, running over to Jacob; He quickly held me towards him.