Chapter Eight

8:

I changed into something comfortable like, my black Nike high tops, black loose skinny jeans and a button up shirt. I left my hair down so it was comfortable when I wore my brown beanie hat and scarf, on my way down the steps I threw on my green parka and re-tied my laces.

I peeped up and saw Bella standing over me, with a grim look on her face she composed herself when she realized I was looking at her.

'Look, if you've come here to fight...' I probed; the grim look was replaced with a bitter, ice cold look one that could split a guy in half if he wasn't careful.

'No...No, I haven't, sorry, I'm just...having a rough day' Bella sighed, rubbing her forehead with her right hand, causing her coat sleeve to slide down to reveal what it appears to be some sort of bite mark, but if you look really closely you'd notice that it was in a crescent moon shape the colour of it looked different compared to the rest of Bella's pale skin.

'What is that?' I asked, grabbing her wrist. Bella jerked it away and quickly covered her arm with her coat sleeve.

'Nothing...Animal bite, that's all.' Bella muttered, walking towards the door, I jogged after her.

'I thought you wanted to hang out?' I called out to her as she hopped into her truck.

'Forget It!-It was a bad idea' Bella shouted back, switched on her truck and driving away. I sighed, I would of went back to sleep but I can't sleep now that water has come into contact with my face...I'm not going to school today so I guess I'll just hang around.

I pulled my coat off and went into the kitchen where mum was admiring Jacob's painting of the kitchen...she's weird like that.

'Uh...Mum?' I said. Mum turned around and continued to look around the kitchen, bending forward to analyze some more.

'Yes, Adie?' Mum replied, not removing her eyes from the area of paint on the wall. Jacob had painted the whole kitchen a lemon yellow so now whenever I entered the kitchen the yellowness would make me feel dizzy.

'What are you doing?' I asked.

'You see this?' Mum pointed at the part of the wall she was staring at. I looked at it and nodded. 'Jacob stopped painting here and then started again...this shows a lot about his personality'

Oh great...Mystic Coralline! I huffed and rolled my eyes, I might as well listen because sometimes she was actually right. 'What does it show?' I sighed, asking the question that Mum normally waits for me to ask.

'It shows that when ever he starts something...he's never willing to give up, he's a fighter' Mum explained, tracing her finger over the dry paint.

'Okay...Well, I just wanna let you know that Lauren and Sorcha are coming tomorrow' I beamed, feeling excited that I'll finally get to see my friends after more than twenty four hours away from them...yeah I know, just twenty four hours but a girl can't be too far away from her girlies too long or the loneliness will get to her head.

'Do their parents know about this, Adrienne?' Mum demanded, placing her hands on her hips in that parental-bossy way.

'Yeah...they do, they're coming on Sorcha's private plane!' I squealed, getting even more excited.

'Okay...Well, I can't pick them up tomorrow, I have painting job up in town so I'll be out most of the day' Mum said, with a sympathetic look on her face. 'You're still gonna have to go to school, though'

I frowned...a double frown. Time to hit the steps and make sure that every time my foot touches the step a loud banging sound would echo through the house.