forty five

why and how does he look like this

✩︎

HANA

I wake up early, long before Harry, and lay in the warmth of his bed, in the exact same position as we had fallen to sleep in. My fingers twist his ring around, trace shapes on his chest and I eat one of the snickers he had brought last night. I spend most of the time simply watching him, taking in everything about him, observing his rosy cheeks and fluffy hair, perfect lips and bright eyes that're hidden at the moment.

Thankfully, I don't see or hear anything out of the ordinary, but then again, most of the times I've heard the clicks have been during dark, so I guess I'd have to wait until tonight.

At about seven, Harry begins to stir, scrunching his face and burying it into my neck, kissing the skin lightly as his fingers tips trail across my upper arm.

"You alright?" he asks, his voice deep and croaky from sleep.

"I'm good, my throat hurts. Got any water?" after a moment, he nods, leaning to his drawer and pulling out a bottle of water, hugging me tightly when he returns.

"Thank you for last night," he smiles softly, our faces mere inches apart and his thumb tracing the shape of my lips and eyebrows.

"You liked the ice?" I inquire, adding it to the mental list of things Harry likes.

"Loved it, love you, please do it again. Can I do it for you?" he rambles excitedly, closing his eyes in surprise when I cut him off with a kiss, his lips impossibly sweet and flowing perfectly with mine.

"You can do whatever you want for me," I state. Harry offers me a mischievous grin and raises his eyebrows, probably going through his own mental list right now, "but I'm going to the toilet right now."

I almost fall to the floor in joy when I discover my period is over, after what has felt like two weeks, and I know Harry will probably be overly ecstatic, so I keep quiet when I walk back out and wrap my arms around him again.

"I think you're playing football today. Sorry—soccer," he informs me, his palms trailing over my lower arms as my head rests on his shoulder, moving to play with the ring on my finger.

"I wish you could join me, I wish your dad wasn't so shit," I mumble. Harry expels a bemused breath as he flips us over, landing on top of me and pretending the movement didn't hurt his ribs, however, it's pretty obvious that it did.

"Visit me? I have nothing to do all day," he asks, faking an exaggerated pout to try to convince me, although there's no need.

"I'll see you at lunch and dinner anyway," I point out. He groans theatrically and allows his head fall to my neck, mouth planting a few kisses to the skin before I shove him off me, careful to avoid his injury, and get dressed in my own clothes whilst he watches me hungrily.

"Voglio scoparti stasera." He states confidently, and I give him a side glance whilst fixing my hair.

"I'm sure you would enjoy that," I tease, smoothing the crinkles from my t-shirt.

"I would, you would, too - are you off your period yet?" He speaks as I pull on my shoes, biting his tongue as I stand straight with a teasing smile.