fifteen

warning: brief mention of death

✩︎

HANA

I only see five minutes of Harry at lunch, him and the rest of the counsellors dropping by the dining hall to grab a sandwich before heading back out to set up the next game. Thankfully, I'm the subject of his burning gaze and bright smile for the entire time he's in the room.

Fortunately, he manages to reach dinner, our group of five sitting together and chatting casually whilst eating a record-breaking amount of fries. Harry's hand on my leg the entire time, his fingertips occasionally trail upwards, teasing me as a possible preview for tonight.

Eventually, I swat his wandering hand away and place it back on my knee, allowing him to draw circles and scribe words into my skin, the slightly ticklish feeling more than welcome.

He hasn't mentioned our flirtatious exchange of notes or asked if I had listened to his albums, instead discussing random topics with everyone. All of us are laughing constantly, although Harry winces every so often, probably due to his injured ribs.

He's wearing the sunglasses again but has a lack of concealer to hide the inflamed skin where he had been slapped, which is as big an improvement we can hope for. I, unfortunately, would have to wait until to tonight to inspect his eye, the excited shivers that rack my body doubling with each hour that ticked past whilst holed up in my cabin alone, multiplying by an unnamed amount when I returned after dinner to see another note placed on the desk, again addressed to me on the back.

'Cherrypop,

I know I am, I even rock a black eye.

Tell me what you thought tonight.

Repeat of Tuesday and finish last night? You're too kind to me.

I'm all in.

Meet me at my cabin at 11.

- H x

P.S: IT'S WHAT I DO BEST'

I fight the wide smile that threatens to form, resting my head in my hands and shaking it slightly with a small laugh, falling backwards onto my bed with thoughts of how I had managed to get this boy to pay even an ounce of attention to me all I could think of.

What did I do to deserve this? To deserve him?

I physically shake my head in a feeble attempt to dispel the insecurities that were weaselling their way into my mind, the thoughts eventually battle out of my brain by images of Harry and his perfect smile and his soft, loving words.

I think I could easily fall in love with Harry at any moment and I wouldn't even be scared of the inevitable heartbreak that comes with all relationships, all risks that are taken, as long as I get to be close to him for a while. As long as he's mine, even just for the summer.

I think I'm more than halfway already.

Thoughts of this simply being a bit summer fun for Harry replace - I'm an overthinker, as always; images of him doing this every year with a different girl, making them fall for his easy smirk and humorous charm, only to ruthlessly snap their heart in two on the last day of camp, telling them it's over and they would be forced to return home with a tear-streaked face and a broken heart, because whose heart wouldn't shatter upon finding out someone, no less Harry, didn't love you the way you love them. Maybe I'm just the impossibly lucky (eventually unlucky, I suppose) subject of his games this year.

camp cherry | hsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara