23. The Initial Insanity

Start from the beginning

Yet, my mother works as a demolitionist shopkeeper. Selling civilian standard explosions and taught me a thing or two about charges if I pestered her enough. Eventually, I accumulate ranges of knowledge about the uses of originium powders. 

Next, a father who is strict and overprotective about his family. Working as one of the law officers in the forensic section, not knowing day and night until he found a single clue for a lead in investigations. 

He would be in a fuss when either my mother or I got an injury regardless of how small it is. Using every medicine available nearby and applied it on the wound. Even a scratch gets covered with a cast. A bit wack in his sense.  

Lastly, the daughter, or known as Wiya which is me. The average girl who was given proper education. Born with natural silver hair and smooth crimson horns pointing downward. 

An upbeat girl whose innocence knows no bounds, unlike the future her. A little bit cheeky, pulling pranks on her friends from time to time, but nothing major. Minor rules do not apply to her when she is being playful. 

She is spoiled until to the point that greed took over a part of her personality. Nothing drastic, just elementary steps of wanting something like a toy. The desire for objects or emotions, such a wonderful feeling for youth like her, luckily she does not have large desires by that time. 

Moving on, both of my parents are Sarkaz. Not the traditionalist types, but rather modernists. Where they value the lifestyle that is up to date and did not hand down the legacy they took pride in, onto their only child. 

They told the young me that it would only lessen the time I could spend in my childhood. No matter how hard I kept asking them, they are not willing to lay burdens on their child's future. 

Showing their concerns about their daughter's future if they were to teach the old ways of a sarkaz. Swordsmanship, creed and the idea of survival. Thinking that it would not be of any use for the world that is revolving towards an advanced era. Wanting their child to adapt to the modern concept of mutuality between races under the term society. 

Little did my parents know, is that their daughter did not achieve what they expected, at all. 

It is all because of one incident, a family was broken down to mush. When my father went to work for a special case involving the sudden appearance of bulky originium crystals on the streets. 

He is a policeman from the forensic branch, got called to duty to investigate it on the spot. The reason for it was to determine the danger level of it, and its sudden sprout is considered bizarre, nothing like it appeared in the historical texts. 

One night, my father and his team were conducting traces of its origin alongside local researchers and geologists. From top to underground, they found that the new white crystal of the originium has taken root under the roads. Furthering their investigation by digging a hole. 

All was fine until one of the team members went insane. Resulted from the constant exposure with the new originium type and that person is psychologically weak, turning the situation from bad to worse. 

Sudden changes present on his body and made him mentally unstable. My father is the nearest to him and managed to restrain that person. That is until another one, became the same as his team member. 

There were also explosions brought with them, in case of a cave-in situation. In result, the other one triggered the explosions. A large bang resounded throughout the town and smoke rose up into the night sky. 

Commotions stirred up, and the people affected by the explosions either became one of the following, paralyzed or became insane, after having their body disfigured.