6. The Haste

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

It was a pity that the woman died, but this is how fate plays around with unlucky people.

I do not know who she is... I will pray for her salvation in the afterlife.

I straightened my measuring tape and concentrate on the originium inside my torso. Circulating the flow of it inside my blood vessels was hard, but creating a larger input would make it easier. At the price of getting a mediocre output.

My arts are mostly shaping and enhancing, so I connect the originium energy into the tape. Resulting in, it to become hotter, sharper and tougher on par with Black Steel's standard grade weapon. In addition, it has a bit of electricity to flinch others.

[So Crow, you're a mercenary?] - (Y/N)

I pretended to be surprised at her. After earning a nod from Crow, I launched myself forward towards the hound.

Its bloody eyes saw my bold action and abandoned the dead woman trying to avoid.

But unfortunately for the hound, this was already in my estimations.

I quickly changed my body direction by kicking the nearest sit. The hound's muscles tense up a moment after. Performing a bicycle kick, I slammed down my foot onto the hound's neck.

The animal did not fall down on its belly and was able to hold its body in place with my staggering strike restricted its movement.

[Sick it...] - Crow

Crow's crews joined in and took their opportunity to plunge in their weapons into the hound. I retracted my foot and the others pulled out their weapons back, letting the corpse to fall down.

[You lads brought wea-weapons!?] - Bus Driver

[Shut it, we save your ass and now you're going to complaining about it?] - (Y/N)

[But the rul-] - Man 1

I glanced at the man who wanted to argue.

3rd P.O.V

The man felt his words were stuck in his throat. He was just a normal civilian, it is typical for him to fear a man equipped with a weapon.

[W-wait... I changed my mind] - Man 1

Like the man, other normal passengers in the bus find it hard to retort and stayed silent. The driver nervously looked around in the bus before letting out a sigh.

[...passengers, please remain on your sits] - Bus Driver

[There are more of them....] - (Y/N)

[What do you mean?] - Man 2

(Y/N) stood in silence, seeming to focus on something. His sense of hearing is very sensitive as his ears are glowing faint white, even though he is just a human.

[83 of them outside] - (Y/N)

With his standard hearing, he could only vaguely estimate the number of individuals that are surrounding him while closing his eyes.

It is a different story if he enhanced his ears with originium. Where he could deduce the exact number of any living things nearby in a radius of 10 metres. But, with a price of bleeding and risk of permanent internal damage. Right now, (Y/N) was covering his enhanced bleeding right ear and cut off the originium flow.

[Where?] - Crow

[In front of us] - (Y/N)

The front windows of the bus shatter as hounds start to pour in one by one. A pained scream came after as the bus driver became the second victim.