7. Chernobog (No Crownslayer bullies)

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

After supplying the bus with originium for 3 hours, the lines of light on my body disappears as I try to calm down my ragged breath. I tossed the wires to the side and looked over to see Crow able to stand up back.

My torso was bearing with pain as I fall down and sprawl on the floor.

[How did you do it?] - Crow

I looked up to see her gazing down into my eyes with curiosity. With a reassuring smile, I gave her a thumbs-up before letting my arm fall to the floor in exhaustion.

[I will tell you later...] - (Y/N)

[Answer, right now] - Crow

Yeesh... Quite a persistent woman. I am too tired and sweaty to explain- no, I meant by lying to her and get out of suspicions.

[For real though, I will tell you EVERYTHING when we get into the city] - (Y/N)

I emphasized that word to get it through her head so that, I could have time to relax mine from using too much originium. Of course, I won't tell her the truth, why would I want to risk my life in doing so?

[Promise?] - Crow

[Yes, yes. And to prove that, here....] - (Y/N)

I stuck out my pinky finger to her, but she looks clueless on what I did.

[You don't know pinky swear?] - (Y/N)

[No? What is that?] - Crow

AAAAAAAAA!!! SHE DOES NOT KNOW A PINKY SWEAR! And I am about to lie to her about myself...

Is she a loner? I swear that if she is, I will feel terrible by the time she found out.

[A pinky swear is where two people link their pinkies as a form to confirm a promise] - (Y/N)

[Like what friends do?] - Crow

[Ye-] - (Y/N)

That is fast, she instantly linked her pinky with mine.

[To finalise it, I have to say... I promise] - (Y/N)

[You better] - Crow

Her eyes show joy and I could feel that she is smiling behind that mouth cover, making me feeling more guilty to lie to her.

Sorry, Crow, I have to survive to reach my objective.

[Help me up, please?] - (Y/N)

Crow nods as she wraps her hand around mine and pulled me up. My sweaty clothes felt very uncomfortable for me.

My legs feel a bit wobbly, but that was not enough to stop me from going outside. Forcing the door open, I exit the bus and stood a few metres away from the city.

[Chernobog seems majestic as ever before] - (Y/N)

[Excluding the citizens, then yes, I would agree too] - Crow

Crow and her team went out of the bus joining me to see the view of the tall city's walls.

I could feel the resentments in her words, and I do not need a reason to ask why. For how the Reunion has experienced, almost the whole world knows. Bias, cruelty and rage are what they receive each day, just because they are infected.

But, it is not every day they spent most of their time for revenge. Despite being cast to the slums, they still can create happiness among their selves. Thus their movement name... Reunion.

[Come on, the immigration po-] - (Y/N)

The blood surged up through my throat as I did my best to cover my mouth. I intend to hide this weakness of mine and if were Crow to know this... by the time she knows my real identity, she will use this against me.