11. Burning Skies, Fallen Heart

(A/N: My OC, Maria's art above)

___________________________________________

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

At first, I could not believe what I have seen... but it is moving and people seem to evacuate from this area. Sirens vibrate letting out the sound of dread.

I would be lying if I say that I am not scared. Mostly, it is because I fear of losing my father, and Crow who I have not seen this morning.

Who would not worry about their new friends? I, (Y/N), do worry.

Heavy footsteps could be heard from the outside, probably the staffs and patients.

[So, some big **** is falling from the sky?] - (F/N)

I look over my shoulder and saw my father with a data-filled hologram in front of his face. The small smile on his face did not waver at all in this situation.

Sometimes, I do question his confidence.

[Father, are you confident?] - (Y/N)

[Yes, confident to die!] - (F/N)

He shouted with zeal. I felt disappointed in him being sarcastic at the wrong time and place. There is also another problem that he has, always confident in everything even in front of death... Or about to experience death.

[Enough of jokes, let's get out first] - (Y/N)

[No] - (F/N)

I was about to retort, but he took off his blanket and pointed towards his feet... It was covered in crystals.

[I can't walk anymore. The best option is you escape by yourself, and I stay] - (F/N)

This was the rare moment where his eyes are full of seriousness. Like the time where he beat down 11-year-olds bullies who bothered me and managed to hide it away from the public's eyes.

[But, I haven't return what I have owed all these years] - (Y/N)

[I will only be a burden to you if I were to follow] - (F/N)

Frankly speaking, that did cross my mind but I throw it away. Even though he is my stepfather, he treated me like a real son... I could never face myself if I let him die in this wretched place.

[Come on, trust me in this! We can escape!] - (Y/N)

He stared into my eyes for a good second with his grey eyes. A sigh escaped his mouth as he patted both of my shoulders.

[Even though I don't trust you as Player One in c**tra... I will put all my bet on you today] - (F/N)

[....you don't have to mention that I suck in c**tra] - (Y/N)

Without wasting time, I circulate all of the originium in my upper body to lighten myself, so that I could carry father easier.

[Heave, Ho!] - (F/N)

I lifted him up and put him on my shoulder. Eating just from hospital foods can make someone fit and light, like him. In addition, I bring along the pizza as well.

Despite being fearless, this man is really energetic... Considering him pranking me for two years, no wonder mother choose to marry him.

After that, I rush to the hallway to check for some leftover wheelchairs. My expectations died down as I only see an empty space in the wheelchair section.

I glanced at the window beside me and saw the big piece of the chunk is getting closer. I could the heat hitting on my skins as I gaze at my father, who was using his ability again.