14. She, The Elafia

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Something that happened for hours felt like an eternity. As if I was sent into a loophole of thorns while watching my father getting crushed by that cursed massive rock that felt out of the sky.

The catastrophe.

It was not my first time that I experience it, but my second time.

The first one crushed my childhood life. Fortunately, I was given hope by my father within that dark alley... who recently passed away by the second catastrophe.

People's heart is fragile and could be crushed anytime if one does not cover it with strong mental fortitude. My heart is on the verge of breaking but I hold it in for the sake of living.

I know my father and mother wanted me to live on, but I could not bear the fact that they died because of me but, they seem fine with it. The scene where the three of us smiling in front of a rental camera was still vivid in my mind which made me happy and sad at the same time.

Happy that they treat me like a real son, and sad that I did not get to make their life better when I have grown up. What kind of a son am I? A pathetic one.

Is this what you call depression? Or melancholic? I do not know more, nor that I want to know.

'Are you sure life can be as what you want ideally?' Wiya have asked me in the past. I acknowledged that life cannot be control but still can be changed. Not all the time, where misfortune and tragedy play on stage when life becomes uncontrollable.

'People change... But either good or bad, it is still a change...' said Wiya. That was the first time I witness she said something philosophical... more like, she tried too. Regardless, there are meanings behind it.

Wait, this is...

What is this smell...

3rd P.O.V

The man with Wiya's jacket sniffs as he smells something familiar. It is not the scent of food but more like someone's smell.

Wiya? Did you come to me? - (Y/N)

(Y/N) twist his head right to left trying to wake up from his slumber.

Firewatch who was nursing him, settling her gaze on the moving man. He was tossing his body everywhere on the puffy bench outside.

She took a stick nearby and poke (Y/N) on his cheek. He seems to react to it and slapped the stick away while groaning.

[Wiya... Stop bothering me....] - (Y/N)

Wiya? - Firewatch

The young Elafia female ponders about that name for a moment, and cannot recall a person with such name. She decided to ignore it, and continue to poke his cheek.

[Wakee uppp...] - Firewatch

She unconsciously whispered to herself with lazy eyes.

[.....give me a hug first, then I'll wake up] - (Y/N)

He said with his eyes still closed. Firewatch was caught off guard by that sentence, the boy that she knows from the past unexpectedly became bolder than before.

He acts this freely around a girl name Wiya? - Firewatch

In her mind, that will be a mystery to solve at another time. She did felt a bit emotional that (Y/N) called out another woman, but in the meantime, she just shrugs it off.