How Close Are They?

I lay in my bed still not able to sleep but smiling at the thought of how much Natsumi meant to me. Every moment I spend with him feels like a blessing. And today was going to be a fun day because I'd get to spend time with him and his friends and get to know everyone more. I got out of bed, slipped on a blue t-shirt and my regular cargo shorts, and sneakers, and started packing up my swimsuit and other necessities into my school bag. But I knew I was going to need a plus one so I invited the only other person I knew who would love it.

*Knock knock*

Right on schedule, I heard a knock at the door. I went downstairs and opened the door. In front of me was my best friend wearing a red shirt, brown shorts, and platformers carrying a bag with her.

 In front of me was my best friend wearing a red shirt, brown shorts, and platformers carrying a bag with her

"Hi, Hiro did you sleep well?" Kaede asked me as she hugged me like she always did.

"I tried but couldn't sleep too well at all." I chuckled a bit

"I bet you were up all night about thinking about Natsumi huh?" Kaede had a teasing look on her face.

"I was not... Okay, maybe a little." I blushed a bit and smiled.

"Aw, Hiro do you think that you two might end up making it official soon?"

Official... I knew what she meant. But I've never had a boyfriend before much less a girlfriend at all. Could I and Natsumi actually be more than just friends?

We made it to the school and walked in. A security guard was waiting at a desk window and we didn't notice any other people around.

"Can I help you?" The guard asked us

"Yes hello, my name is Hiro Hamada. I have a friend that goes here. His name is Natsumi Hamasaki."

"Oh yes, Mr. Hamasaki informed me you'd be coming. Just sign in for you and your guest and head to the pool area." He handed me a clipboard and Kaede and I signed our names on it and received some passes to allow us access. We headed over to the pool area. We headed outside and we saw a familiar brown-haired boy taking pictures of another familiar purple-haired boy in his swimsuit.

"You look like a natural Yoichi. You sure no one else has taken pictures of you before?"

"No one else but you Keitaro." Yoichi said with a smug smile.

Keitaro giggled a bit as he took more photos.

Yoichi noticed us.

"Oh well look who's back. You here for a free show Blondie?" Yoichi said as he approached us.

Keitaro looked at us and a bright smile appeared on his face.

"Hiro, Kaede it's so good to see you both again."

"Hey Keitaro, Hey Yoichi it's nice to see you as well." I smiled as I saw them.

"Uh, it's nice to see you both." Kaede blushed as Yoichi still made her nervous.