Can I Be Happy With You?

I was waiting at the Cafe we were supposed to meet at. Tadashi said he finally found some time to meet up with me and honestly I couldn't be happier. I felt really excited to see him again but at the same time, I'm a bit worried. It's been quite a while since I saw Jiro but I was worried that he might do something to have Tadashi stay by his side again. I heard the door open and I look towards it but what I saw made my heart drop a bit. I saw the swim club all together and Kaede was with them she was laughing and she was happy. It seemed like they were having a group outing too. I couldn't stop staring at Natsumi he seems so happy not only that but Hunter was close to him again. My heart broke a bit. Was this a bad idea? Maybe I should just go home. My fears calmed down a bit when I heard the door open again and I saw Tadashi. He was looking for me so I waved him over and he waved back to me with a huge smile on his face and came straight over to me.

"Hey, Hiro were you waiting long for me?"

"No don't worry I just came as well."

He gave me a hug and I returned it back I looked over and saw Natsumi looking my way. I quickly looked away hoping he didn't notice me because I was afraid of what his reaction would have been. We promptly sat down and I kept Tadashi's attention on me since I didn't want him to see the swim club either.

"Have you ordered anything?" He asked me

"No, not yet I think I'll just get a regular hot chocolate with a pastry."

"Well we can get two hot chocolate and I think we could split a cake if you're interested?"

I blushed a bit at his comment. He wants to split a cake with me?

"Uh yeah sure." I smiled a bit

"Okay great, I'll go ahead and order us the drinks and cake."

He got up from his seat and afterward I had to go to the bathroom so I got up and headed straight there.

"Get a hold of yourself, Hamada. You're just having a nice time with your friend so please don't get too worried about anything else." I said to myself in the mirror.

I heard the door open and I felt my heart sink. I turned around and saw Keitaro. He looked surprised too when he saw me.

"Hiro?"

"Keitaro I didn't expect to see you here."

"Neither did I it's been a while..."

"Yeah, it has..."

The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. He quickly went to the sink because he had to wash his hands.

"Hiro, have you been okay?"

"Huh... Oh yeah, I've been fine."

"Well that's good I was going to talk to you at some point it's just I've been really busy lately."

"Yeah, I'm sorry I meant to talk to you as well."

"Well, Are you meeting with someone today?"

"Yeah, I'm meeting with a friend from my club."

"Oh that's great I'm just here with the swim team."

"Yeah I saw you guys together and I saw Kaede as well."

"Have you guys not talked in a while? I mean after..."

"I just thought it was best to give her space. I did kind of lash out at her..."

"Yeah, I remember. You know she's not mad at you. We've been keeping her company and she's been spending some extra time at our school. I think she's really enjoying it. She always smiling and having fun. She's a really amazing person."