I'm Leaving

I woke up bright and early today with a smile on my face. After making amends with Kaede I just felt so relieved like a weight had just been lifted off my shoulders. I feel like I had my confidence back now that I have my best friend by my side, I figured that it be time eventually to make amends with everyone else. As I was getting ready for school, I looked at my phone and saw Natsumi's picture. It was a constant reminder that out of everyone I wanted to make amends with he would be the one I wanted to fix things with the most.

As I grabbed my bag I headed right out to the front door and found Kaede waiting outside. She was sitting down on the steps staring at a piece of paper. I wanted to peek, but I didn't know if it was serious or not.

"Kaede?"

She panicked and jumped.

"Don't scare me like that Hiro. You gave me a heart attack." She responded pouting a bit.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to."

"You're lucky you're my friend so I'll forgive you."

She gave me a smile as we started our walk to school. Honestly, it was pretty strange though usually we would have something to talk about anything from her, but she was so quiet. It's like her mind was elsewhere I just couldn't put my finger on it. Honestly, a deep part of me had a bad feeling about today like I was going to hear something horrible. I didn't know what to expect so I tried to calm down.

"Kaede?"

She turned towards me.

"What is it?"

"You know the auditions are coming up soon for the musical. Are you going to perform?"

She looked down.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, it's nothing. But I don't know if I'm going to be able to audition."

"Oh. Is it bad timing?"

"No don't worry about it. I think my Hiro will do great though. You better practice hard if you want a good part."

She smiled brightly as if she was trying to get rid of those grey clouds around her. I'm worried just... What is she hiding?

We made it to school, and I see Tadashi is all by himself again. I haven't seen Jiro around for a couple of weeks. Has he given up on school completely? Usually, I'm not one for concern but... What's going on lately?

"Hey Hiro?"

I looked at Kaede.

"I need to talk to Miss Akiyama. If you want, you can go see Tadashi."

"Umm... Sure but Kaede?"

"Yes?"

"I know something is bothering you. Before I even talk to him Can you please promise you'll tell me what's going on?"

She looked a bit flustered at my question, but she gave me a reaffirming nod. As I gave her a hug before she left to go find Miss Akiyama, I could have sworn I saw some tears in her eyes. I went straight to Tadashi.

"Hey Tadashi."

He looked my way and gave me a bright smile.

"Hiro hey."

He gave me a hug and I sat down with him.

"Hey so about the other night?" I started

"I'm sorry." Tadashi interrupted.

I was confused but listened.

"I'm sorry if it felt like I pressured in any way. You know when I asked if I could kiss you."