Chapter 30

"Happy two year anniversary, honey," Regina said as they walked home from their date. They'd celebrated their anniversary as the kids were at home with Ruby and her girlfriend Belle.

Ruby had met Belle a few months prior and they seemed perfect for each other.

Emma smiled brightly and looked at her girlfriend. "It's been two years, but I remember meeting you here with Killian as if it was yesterday," Emma said and stopped walking.

Regina looked confused at Emma as the woman fumbled nervously with her hands in her pockets and suddenly kneeled down on one knee.

She grabbed a small box from her pocket and when she opened it, the most gorgeous ring appeared.

The brunette's eyes widened and she bit her lower lip as she looked at her girlfriend who had tears in her eyes.

"We've been together for two years now, which means that we've finally been together long enough to get married," Emma said and she had trouble containing her tears.

"Regina, I love you with all that I am and that's why I wanted to ask you.." Regina automatically kneeled down as well to meet with Emma's eyes and nodded as Emma inhaled deeply. "Will you marry me?"

Before she responded in actual words, Regina leaned in and captured Emma's lips in the softest kiss.

"Yes," she replied. "Of course."

She giggled softly as Emma put the ring on her finger and kissed the blonde again.

"We're engaged," Emma said as though she couldn't really believe it herself.

"Finally," Regina muttered and rolled her eyes exaggerating before she kissed Emma. "Although there's this one thing.." she muttered and chuckled softly when she moved her hand to her pocket.

"I wanted to drag you further to the gym where we met to..." She grabbed a little box from her pocket as well. "To ask you the same thing."

Emma laughed as she stared at the ring in the box. "It's almost exactly the same one," she laughed and Regina looked at it once more.

"It is," she said. "Do you.. want to wear it. You don't have to of course."

The blonde was already a step ahead and held up her hand for Regina to put the ring on her finger.

"I love it," Emma said and averted her eyes from the ring to Regina. "I love you."

"I love you, too," Regina said and kissed Emma once more. "So, I'm going to end up being your children's stepmother after all," Regina teased and winked.

Emma playfully smacked Regina's arm and rolled her eyes. "Thank God it's not because of their father," she laughed and Regina chuckled as well.

They both stood up, with their arms wrapped around each other.

"I considered proposing at the gym," Emma said. "But I figured we couldn't get in, so I decided to do it here. The second place we met."

"The gym isn't half as romantic as this," Regina replied and sighed contently. "We're going to get married," she said contently.

"Yes," Emma replied. "I can't wait!" She said with a chuckle and kissed Regina as they walked to their house.

They softly opened the door and as they held each other's hands, they walked to the living room, where Ruby and Belle were cuddling on the couch to watch a movie.

"Hi," Emma greeted them softly, not wanting to be too loud and wake the kids, but still with excitement in her tone.

The couple immediately turned around and Ruby paused the movie.