Chapter 14

Regina held Emma's hand tightly. "Emma, are you sure?" She inquired carefully.

Emma nodded determined. "I'm going to confront him." Regina squeezed her hand encouraging and nodded.

"Alright. If you need my help, just say so," she said and released Emma's hand. She held her breath as she watched Emma enter the office.

Emma's hands trembled as she closed the office door behind her and she looked at the two sheriffs, before she noticed Killian who held a frown on his face.

He stood up from his bed and walked to the bars. Emma ignored the two sheriffs asking her whether she was alright and kept her eyes focused on Killian.

"Emma," he said softly and dropped his gaze as his fingers wrapped tightly around the bar. "I don't know what happened, I'm sorry."

"Is it true?" Emma asked sternly, not caring for his weak apologies.

"Is what true?"

"Did you kill Neal?" She asked and folded her arms as Killian loosened his grip on the bars. He stepped back and sat down on his bed.

"Yes," he muttered softly, causing Emma to flinch. It was as though someone threw a gigantic rock at her. She was utterly crushed.

Hearing it from him made it all suddenly so real.

"You're sick," she spat angrily and swallowed. "All those nights you tried to calm me for my nightmares, you were the reason behind them. You've kept that from me for ten fucking years?!" She exclaimed full of disbelief and felt anger raising inside.

Killian didn't reply and looked down at the ground.

"Psychopath. You're an absolute psychopath."

"I take it from that you won't forgive me?" Killian asked softly and Emma scoffed.

"Did you really think after all the crap you pulled with me I can forgive you? We said we'd try our relationship again, but instead of talking to me you kept all your problems to yourself. Having a healthy family doesn't mean having no problems."

"What should I've done, then?" Killian asked, getting frustrated now too.

"You come to me, Killian and you lean on me. And you trust me. But you kept everything to yourself, you didn't share anything with your family. All those weeks were simply an illusion and instead of talking it out and perhaps deciding that we're better off without each other, you pull this crap?! And then I have to hear from sheriffs that you killed Neal?! That you've kept all that from me for ten years, how could you?!"

Killian didn't respond and just sat in his cell. Emma exhaled loudly, trying to calm herself, but she felt a tear rolling down her cheek, followed by several others.

"I can.. I can never forgive you for this, Killian," she whispered. "I'm going to file for a divorce. You'll receive the papers. Goodbye."

She turned around with those words and left the office crying. Regina was waiting for her with open arms and immediately embraced Emma.

The brunette stroked Emma's back and felt the blonde relax against her body. "You did amazing, Emma," she said.

Regina's warm voice calmed her and she pulled slightly away to look Regina in the eyes. She connected their foreheads and sighed softly as Regina caressed her cheekbones.

"I'm scared," Emma confessed. "How come the police never found him?"

Regina swallowed and shrugged. "Sometimes, cases seem solved, but they're not. I think that right now you should be relieved that he's never harmed you or the kids."