Chapter 19

"Killian's been sleeping with the sheriff," Emma muttered as she pulled away from Regina's embrace and grabbed her hand before they started walking.

"What? Really?" Regina asked in dismay and squeezed Emma's hand.

"Yeah, well, he didn't literally tell me, but that much was clear from spending two minutes in that horrible office. He's allowed to leave jail, but he doesn't want to."

"Perhaps that's better," Regina replied and swallowed when Emma looked confused at her. "You know? Then we don't have to worry about him bothering you or your children as long as he's stuck there."

Emma nodded. "That's true."

She stopped walking when they reached the door of Mr. Hopper's and looked at Regina.

"Is it bad that I'm almost as excited to divorce as I was to marry him?" She questioned and chuckled. "I'm glad you're here with me."

"I'm always glad to spend time with you," Regina said and winked causing a red hue to erupt on Emma's cheeks.

"Stop it, you're making me blush," Emma muttered with a slight smile and playfully bumped her shoulder.

"But that blush is adorable," Regina smirked and pecked Emma's cheekbone causing the blonde's cheeks to become even more red.

Emma grumbled something inaudible, but chuckled. "You're mean."

"I know you like me," Regina said and winked again.

"I wouldn't be too convinced if I were you," Emma said and continued walking. Regina chuckled softly and noticed Emma's breathing hitching as she stepped closer to opening the new chapter of her life.

They immediately saw Mr. Hopper who smiled politely at them. He gestured them to follow him to his desk and they sat down opposite each other, Emma still holding on tightly to Regina's hand.

"Here are the papers," she said, her voice suddenly sounding hoarse.

"Thank you," Mr. Hopper curtly replied and looked at Emma. "How you holding up?" He asked as he organized the papers and went through them, sometimes scribbling something down.

"Well, given the fact I'm getting divorced, not so well. I'm sure you can imagine," she responded and exchanged a look with Regina, who smiled encouraging at her.

The man wrote some things down and typed something on his computer before he nodded slowly and flashed Emma a smile.

"Everything's taken care of. You're officially divorced," he said with a sincere smile and Emma exhaled relieved. "You don't have to worry about anything anymore."

Emma didn't reply in words and averted her eyes to Regina. She was glad getting divorce was so easy in Storybrooke, because she now felt so relieved. She didn't think she'd have managed for it to take weeks to get divorced.

The woman just nodded curtly at Mr. Hopper and stood up as she held up her hand for him to shake it. "Thank you, Mr. Hopper."

He smiled politely. "I know that the town thinks I'm horrible because I once promoted divorce, so I assume you think I'm happy now, but I'm not, Miss Swan. I see how hard it is to get divorced and I hope you'll feel better soon."

"Thank you," Emma said again and after Regina had shaken Mr. Hopper's hand as well, the two women left.

Once the office door was closed and they were outside with the sun tingling their skins, Emma looked at Regina.

"I'm no longer married," she muttered with a slight smile. Regina smiled and wrapped her arms around Emma.

"Congratulations," she said. "Is that what you say when people get divorced?" She questioned softly and Emma chuckled.