Chapter 10

"Goodbye, honey, see you tonight!" Emma said and pecked her husband's cheek before he left the house.

She smiled at him as he drove away and for the first time she actually thought this was going to work out for the rest of their lives.

Even though Regina had told Emma Killian was stressed about the shop, he'd never seemed more relaxed.

Emma hadn't seen Regina ever since the kids invited her over. She didn't think she was crushing on Regina - not at all - but she didn't consider her feelings toward Regina appropriate.

She had tried her best to avoid Regina and so far it was going great. She hadn't visited the gym, even though she usually always went on the same days and times Regina went and she went grocery shopping at times she knew Regina was at work.

Luckily, Regina also hadn't visited the spa anymore and she ignored her texts and calls. The woman had tried to call her several times, but she hadn't answered.

One day she actually saw Regina coming up to her house, but she hadn't opened the door.

Perhaps this wasn't the best way to handle it, but her mind was going crazy every time she thought about Regina.

It was a beautiful Saturday morning and the kids were still asleep. She leaned her forehead against the door and smiled. She just couldn't stop smiling, until she heard a knock on the front door and heard the door to the living room open.

She opened the front door and looked directly at Regina. "Uhh, Regina, hi," she said and briefly looked at her own clothes. She was wearing a thin nightgown and was not prepared to meet people yet.

"You said eight thirty, right?" Regina asked, slightly confused and Emma cocked her head.

"What?" She asked confused.

"Yesterday, you texted me. "Meet me tomorrow at my place at eight thirty". I was confused you wanted to talk to me, but here I am," Regina said.

"I texted you no such thing," Emma said, but then she heard someone giggle behind her and she heard someone else shush. "Guys, why did you text Regina?" She said and turned around to meet her children who all blinked innocently at their mother.

"She'd called you like a thousand times. We're not stupid, we know something happened and we wanted you to fix it," Henry said. "So, we're going outside to walk the dog."

"We don't have a dog."

Her kids ignored her and slipped passed Regina outside. Emma sighed softly when she saw her kids disappearing and then looked at Regina. She immediately felt her heart pounding loudly in her chest.

"Can I come in?" Regina carefully asked and Emma sighed but opened the door further, granting her permission inside her house.

How was she ever going to explain to Regina why she'd ignored the woman for over two weeks? Regina hadn't done anything wrong, but she'd probably doubted her every move ever since Emma started avoiding her.

"Are you angry with me?" Regina asked once they sat down on the couch and she tilted her head.

Emma shook her head no and swallowed. "No, I'm not angry with you."

"Then why have you been avoiding me?"

The blonde kept quiet for a moment and inhaled deeply. She didn't want to tell Regina that the reason she'd avoided her, was because she was afraid she'd develop real feelings for the woman.

"I've been really busy lately," Emma lied.

"Too busy to answer one text?"

"Yes."