sam just wants bucky to let him care about him

sam takes a bandaid but his movements stutter, he grabs the whole box instead. he heads back to bucky, who's distant and starung blankly at the carpet-ed floors. sam stops next to bucky by the longer side of the bed while bucky is sat at the foot of the bed. sam puts the box of bandaids behind bucky,"hey, look at me please"

bucky turns his head towards sam, they're looking eachother in the eyes, but bucky isn't really there. sam grabs a bandaid and peels it, his eyes leave bucky's and go to the bruises and cuts on his face; sam already cleaned him and put some antibiotic oinment on the small abrasions now all that was left was for the bandaids.

sam pushes down lightly on the bandages, where the adhesive was, careful to not hurt bucky. once he's done the blue bandaids with yellow stars (courstesy of sam himself picking them at CVS) form and outline of the mask bucky was wearing, purple and red bruises peak out from under the bandaids. sam gives the last bandaid he placed a gentle touch, it's right below bucky's eye. "sam,"bucky asks, voice hoarse and quiet. sam doesn't answer in words but in kisses, grazing the bandaids with his lips. bucky's breath shudders and he represses the feeling to cry.

sam tilts bucky's head higher and kisses the corner of his mouth,"just let me care."

"okay."