love that's ours

Rewrite of love like yours from 'i miss you'

Bucky wondered if Steve started cheating on him with a woman because of how he looked –what did she have that Bucky didn't? Aside from the obvious, Bucky and Steve's mistress did have some things in common, they were both blind to Steve's real intentions: His sweet words were nothing, but hidden manipulation. Nothing, but empty promises.

Even though Bucky knew, he held on, held on so tightly that the metaphorical thread that connected him to Steve became an ugly, rough rope that was starting to hurt the longer he held on. He ignored when he would get home late, being as it was spaced out for a few weeks, but then those weeks became days. Almost every night Bucky could expect to be the only one in bed by the time the clock struck 6 AM, Steve didn't even bother sneaking in the bed at night and pretending as though he was there the whole night. He wasn't there to roll over, away from Bucky and say a muffled good morning and stay in bed till noon because his night activities tired him.

Nothing was the same anymore and Steve stopped loving him as soon as the thought of another person, someone who was everything Bucky wasn't.

Then it finally happened, Steve broke up with Bucky.

Steve broke up with Bucky and stayed in a relationship with his mistress.

Steve broke up with Bucky and came back to look for something hidden in Bucky's apartment.

Steve broke up with Bucky and shoved a small, black velvet ring-sized box into his pocket and said goodbye for the last time.

It had been three months since Buck decided to treat himself, eat out at his favorite diner, though it held some painful memories. Nonetheless, it was Bucky's favorite place and,

And Bucky decided to walk out as soon as he walked in upon seeing Steve there, with his girlfriend, fiancé flickering their hand, making the band around their finger flash under the soft hue of the lamp overhead the booth seats they were seated at.

Bucky still has time to leave unnoticed, but he could see Steve's head twitch and slowly turn to get the attention of a server. It also meant Bucky would be in his line of sight, so Bucky booked it and turned on his heels, rushing out the doors of the diner. In his haste, Bucky runs right into someone's chest and falls back to hit the concrete sidewalk outside the diner doors.

Bucky lets a sigh out through his nose,"I'm– I'm so sorry," he repeats softly. He looks up and the person's face is shadowed by the sun, leaving Bucky still yet to see the face of the victim of his sudden-need-to-disappear.

Unknown to Bucky, he is a damn cute man, a little clumsy, but he's adorable,"It's all good, sweetheart."

Bucky's face burned and he took the stranger's hand.

"Sam, you?"

Bucky's lips grew into a small smile,"Bucky."