cold weather makes hot people

Rewrite of Snowflake 1 & 2

1

  Winter used to be Bucky's least favorite season, the cold, the word itself, everything reminded him of a time where he was nothing. However, Sam did his best to make him feel like he was something. He was healing and of course he had bad days, and Sam knew to cool it with his jokes and turned his attention on Bucky rather than make Bucky see the better things. Bucky was the better thing.

"Hey, Snowflake," Sam whispered with a smile.

Bucky looked up at Sam,"When are you gonna let that go? It was a stupid pick up line and corny."

"Yeah, but it worked on you didn't it?" Sam stated with a smirk. He laughed as Bucky's face turned pink and looked down.

"What, Jamie? Look at me," Sam teased. He cuddled into his side,"Let me see that face."

"Snowflake," Sam said in a sing-songy voice. He squeezes Bucky into a hug and pulls him into his lap,"James, you make it too easy."

Bucky stayed silent and hid his face in his hands, feeling the burn of his blush.

"Is it really that easy, huh," Sam whispers into Bucky's ear, pressing his lips into a kiss on the shell of his ear. Bucky leans into Sam as he gets comfortable on the couch, they're both on,"maybe, I don't know, it's your fault–"

"It's you, you say things and they–"

Bucky doesn't finish what he's thinking, and he looks up at Sam with an embarrassed look.

"So that's it, a couple sweet words and you're wet, Snowflake," Sam says matter-of-factly. He lets out a deep laugh as Bucky grows warm all over and can't meet his eyes.

"Sam, when you say it like that... you make me sound like I'm some harlot–"

"Okay, I know you did not just use harlot in this day and age, and second, Bucky if that's all it takes, you're in for a hell of a ride."

"You're so... I–"

Then there's silence, and much like a snowflake Bucky's melting under Sam's warm, soft lips.