his first kiss

it was a saturday, 4:02 pm and the sun was crowded by the fluffy clouds, there was a slight drizzle too. the rain droplets yet to be big enough and leave splotches on bucky's clothes so he didn't bother with an umbrella. it was like any other day, simple and seemingly okay until it wasn't, not that the day became not-okay. it just, it was remarkably better than okay, it was the best day bucky has had since the day he was born.

the minutes passed, it's 4:06 pm and the sprinkles of water coming from the clouds stopped and bucky's trek towards his car continued. he was in a slight hurry, despite his own rejection towards the growing eagerness inside him to see sam, he couldn't help the excitement that bubbled in him.

the clock read 4:13 beside the song name that passed by on the cars radio, bucky kept track of it as he didn't want to be late. he cursed himself for being so inclined when it came to sam, bucky laughed to himself- leaving sam at the airport would be too mean, right?

bucky glanced at the small digital clock, 4:19, he hummed to himself and thought about getting sam something. airport food was way overpriced and bucky was sure sam wouldn't be opposed to being bought food. so bucky detoured, taking a right turn instead of a left and headed towards the nearest fast food joint he could see, so long as they had what he was looking for bucky didn't care where he went. which is how he ended up in a long ass line at starbucks at 4:23, it had been a good idea had he know how their measurement system worked, but the barista was nice; they helped him yet somehow something still managed to go wrong.

4:24 hit, and bucky was holding a oversized chocolate drink that was most definitely not his order. but the confrontational of ruining a workers day was too much for him and bucky decided to ask for two straws and call it a day. maybe sam wouldn't mind sharing..

bucky waited as the four cars in front of him took their turns heading out of the drive-thru and went to their destinations, and just when he was about to turn the sound of his phone ringing got his attention. sam's name and face filled the screen, of course the picture was of sam's choice and he put what he thought most-decidedly was an attractive photo of himself.  bucky's eyes cast a quick look at the small numbers in the upper right corner of his phone, 4:32.

What's up buck-o

"Hey sam,"bucky tried to keep the smile off his face from sam's nicknaming.

When you going to get here?

"hm, i dont know,"bucky strained as he turned his head to face the traffic and cut in when he could before a car decided to rear-end him.

hah, i knew it, you're gonna be late

"i am not,"bucky provided. he adjusted the phone against his ear,"if you're so bothered to know why i'm running late, it's because i went and got you something."

why?

did you poison it or something?

bucky could hear the smile on sam's face,"well i guess we won't share this stupidly-large drink- like really man, starbucks gave me enough-"

share? 

with two straws and all? hmm, never thought you, the punch-you-if-you-take-my-food guy, would share a drink with me-

"yeah yeah, shut up before i decide to drink it all before i get to you,"bucky chuckled into the phone, all with a big smile and for sam to hear.

nononono, you bought me a drink- WE are sharing whether you like it or not

bucky glanced at the time, 4:45, he wasn't that late, sam would be fine.

  bucky honked the car as sam walked around the front of it, he silently laughed as sam glared at him. he watched as sam tossed his suitcases in the back, a small smile planted on bucky's lips and it didn't go unnoticed by sam.

sam shut the car door and headed to the passenger seat, quickly getting in and letting his hands move on their own to click his sestbelt on.

"hey bud, miss me?"sam asked with a suggestive smile. bucky just turned and looked away,"of course not,"but the blush evidently showed his lies.

"you weren't lying about the size,"sam picked up the cold beverage and popped the straws into it,"first sip, together?"

bucky just about died,"that's wierd,"but it was bucky that was weird. the straws were so close, they'd practically be staring in each others eyes while they drank. sam didn't notice the strangeness of it all, it was more domestic than they had been with each other, but his own feelings overrided the awkwardness of the situation. sam was excited and happy to see someone he knew, and now it was 4:55 and sam was asking (more like begging) for bucky to take a sip with him.

"c'mon, it'll be fine,"sam held out the drink between them and rested his elbow on the cars console,"do it or-"

"fine, FINE, just-,"bucky looked at sam red-faced,"just stop with that face."

"What face?"

sam looked at him with faked innocence,"okay, okay,"sam giggled when he realized bucky was backing away from him.

it was 5:00 now, and bucky can't believe it took less than 10 minutes for sam to convice him to share the drink. and it was as bad as bucky thought it would be, they were practically nose to nose and bucky couldn't keep his heart steady.

sam's eyes are so brown, so pretty, this is how i die.

bucky hummed when the cool drink hit his tongue, he thought it was great and sam appeared to agree with him. soon they both seperated their lips from the green straws, it's 5:03 now. bucky can't believe three minutes had passed and doesn't notice sam lowering the drink. in the short window of space, sam connected their lips and took advantage of bucky's closeness.

the kiss takes it course, it went slow and softly, it made both sam and bucky to feel as if their hearts were going to break a rib from how fast they were beating.

and in that distraction, they grew relaxed, until it wasn't.

"SAM what the heck,"bucky gasped, cold chocolately liquid hit his stomach.

"sorry, i got distracted!"sam yelped with an embarrassed smile. he quickly titled the cup in his hand backwards and saved a little less than half of the beverage.

"if it makes you feel any better, you're a good kisser."

"Sam- shut, shut up."

"Like REAL good, bucks,"sam grinned. bucky didn't stop the smile from growing on his lips as sam leaned in and stole another kiss.