"...I don't go around looking to see if Alpine had nipples!.."

Summary: Rewrite of Alpine

Sam woke up to the sound of Bucky's cat crying, though it was more of a wail, he shifted in bed and smacked Bucky's back.

"Hey," Sam spoke gruffly. He shakes him lightly,"Alpine's crying."

Bucky shoots up,"huh? What, Alpine?"

Bucky's hurried movements get both of them tangled in their bedsheets, Bucky inadvertently tears the thin linen sheet from his haste to find his pet.

"Bucky! That's like the third time this month," Sam grumbles and lifts the torn fabric, seeing Bucky's face on the other side of the hole in the sheet.

"S'not my fault only, one of those times was your fault and if I remember correctly Bucky you're so strong–"

Sam throws a pillow at Bucky's face, his face is hot and he gets off the bed before him,"C'mon, let's go find your baby."

"You're changing the subject– since when did you care about cats so much, huh, Sammy, you're blushin' aren't ya?"

"Shuddup."

Alpine's crying, or lack of crying, is what gets their attention, and both look around anxiously for the cat.

"Sam," Bucky says softly, his eyes fixed on Alpine whose eye are wide and seem surprised.

"My baby had babies?!" Bucky half-screams-half-laughs, he crouches down and there's just four little kittens.

"Babe, how are you not gonna know that Alpine could have babies?" Sam looks at him, sighing and then face palming when Bucky gives him a mumbled explanation.

"I don't know, I don't go around looking to see if Alpine had nipples! Sam, Alpine's still my little boy, maybe a little whore-ish. But he's my child!" Bucky laughs and lays against his hands, that he has flat against the hardwood floor. Bucky looks at what the new babies are laying on,"...I think that's your jacket...I think that's my jacket!"

Bucky whisper-yells as to not scare the babies and Alpine, he turns to look up at Sam,"We gotta keep them Sam, look at them."

"Bucky, James baby, we can't."

Bucky looks up at him with pleading eyes, the gleam of his blue eyes and Alpine gets to be too much, and Sam gives him.

"Fine, fine!"