Aves

~A few years ago~

Growing up was difficult. It was hard to leave behind everything that had happened and just move on. Newt and Tina watched as their children - Janus and Cordelia grew up to become successful members of the wizarding community. Janus aspired to become an Auror, just like his mother and Cordelia had her eye on working in the Beast Division, as she grew fond of creatures whilst helping her father feed them.

Now, they were in Hogwarts for their new academic term. Janus was a year older than his sister and he was a fourth year student who was in Hufflepuff. Cordelia, however was a Gryffindor.

Queenie and Jacob had twin sons named Atticus and Julius. They were inseperable and were a bit older than Janus. They were sixth year students, both of whom sorted into Gryffindor. Queenie loved the twins so much that she just couldn't discipline them, since she could read their minds and put herself in their shoes. Luckily Jacob came to the rescue, yet, even he kept rewarding the twins with baked treats whenever they behaved better. Both of them were scheming thieves who would go to any lengths to play unnecessary tricks on people, even lodging a rubber rat inside the Christmas pudding. Things didn't go so well for them, after.

Dakota and Theseus soon got married after a lot of delusion, debate and discussion. The proposal went kind of awkward after Theseus almost choked Dakota as he placed the ring inside the champagne glass. Who knew Dakota was a very fervent drinker? However, they were beyond happy with their decision and had a wonderful daughter named Lydia Anne Scamander ; her middle name kept in honor of Dakota's sister Anna, by Theseus himself. Lydia inherited a lot of qualities from her parents, such as the sassy tendencies from her mother and the love for food from her father. She was a lot younger than all of her cousins and had just started Hogwarts that year and Theseus remembered the letter he got back from his daughter, that she was sorted into Slytherin.

Credence and Nagini were in New York, with Modesty, who was all grown up. The young witch had gotten a job in the Magical Congress of the USA. The Barebones were reunited back together. Dumbledore was quite concerned about their safety, but after Yusuf Kama decided to pop by more often, the weight of the world loosened up a bit on Albus's shoulders.

Nate and Achilles realized the fact that they needed each other after losing their loved ones and decided to move back to New York, together. There, they started a new life with Achilles becoming the Head of the Auror Department and procuring a job for Nate in the law enforcement team. Soon, Nate and Achilles worked together, over the period of a few years to bring in new laws to recruit lycanthropes into MACUSA rather than discriminate them. After that, Darlene Edwards joined the team.

Tina did not expect the fact that Nate and Achilles became more than just best friends when she heard about their courtship. However she was more than happy for them both. She received loads of letters from the two of them, updating about every single thing that happened in their lives, to the point that Tina would receive so many letters, that had the capacity to fill a room. She also heard that Nate and Achilles were planning to adopt a child, so they could become parents, since all of their friends were.

Bridget and Harold eventually married. The wedding was extravagant and everyone happened to attend. Soon enough, the newlyweds returned back to South America to work as part of the Law Enforcement team in the Rio Ministry. They had a very happy ending in terms of their love, career and a new life away from everything.

Everything seemed to go well, when suddenly something hit them like a ton of bricks. A little something called middle age.

~ Now~

"You must be a bit cold, my dear".

Tina saw Newt sitting on the front porch, looking at the setting sun from their cottage. Dorset was such a happy place to be, yet it didn't feel like it. Cordelia and Janus were leaving the nest and mingling in the real world that Newt didn't know how to comprehend change. Hence, he spent cold evenings outside the house, admiring the sunset and the new days to come.