Akin

A few weeks passed and soon enough, it was Christmas. Newt was aghast. He didn't know a whole year went by within a flash. They had accomplished so much during the course of a few months that Newt was sad to see the year pass by. However, he had a much bigger task at hand.

The wedding, of course!

Newt and Tina decided to get married on New Year's Eve,right on the 31st of December. They had booked a church for the celebration. Tina had already selected her posse of bridesmaids with Queenie being an active frontrunner. She had also dragged Dakota into it, much to her displeasure.  Weddings weren't really her thing.

It was three days before Christmas. Tina, Queenie and Dakota went to get Tina's wedding dress and their bridesmaid gowns. Queenie was getting quite used to being pregnant. It was going to be a couple of months before she'd go into labor. Dakota, meanwhile, helped as much as she could to make sure Queenie's pregnancy and Tina's wedding goes smoothly.

"Why are we even in a boutique?" Dakota rolled her eyes, "I hate them so much".

"No offense, D, but you can't wear a leather jacket to the wedding" Queenie shrugged, "You're going to need to get some gowns! Really pretty ones, too!"

"I'm going to try something simple" Tina decided, "I don't want something bedazzling and having me parched in the wedding".

"Tina, what even is a simple wedding?" Queenie chided, "You're getting married, damn it! You're going to go all out ! And I'll be in charge of that!"

"Oh no" Tina groaned. Like Dakota, she didn't like dresses so much, especially gowns. She was fine with maybe a knee length skirt and a blouse. All she wanted was simplicity. It didn't matter about the number of diamonds or jewels in her fabric. All that mattered was she was getting married to the love of her life.  Nevertheless, she was stuck with Queenie. Hence she is obligated to go all out.

They entered the boutique, feeling overwhelmed by the gorgeous gowns all around them. Luckily Queenie knew exactly where to look. Dakota wandered around, aimlessly, looking for something more her taste. Tina followed Queenie, examining the wedding dresses.

There was a promenade kind of dress, colored with the same tint as sour cream and it had a very close-fitting bodice. It had no sleeves and Tina felt quite insecure about it. She knew she'd look ridiculous in a dress, for a woman who had worn a shirt and a pair of pants all her life. She sighed as she looked at another dress, with a much loose bodice compared to the other dress. It was stitched in an off-shoulder kind of manner and was colored with the shade of vanilla ice cream and it had no designs at all.

Ugh, it'd look like I've wrapped around a bedsheet. Tina thought and skipped to the next dress. Most of them were glittery and shimmery or they had no intricate designs at all. She sighed deeply. This was supposed to be one of the best boutiques in London! How could they mess a simple thing such as a wedding dress?

"Teenie! Come here! Try this on!" Queenie called from the other side of the shop. The blonde sister showed her elder sibling a green tinted white dress. It had short sleeves, but they were quite transparent, since they were mostly adorned with intricate patterns. It had a perfect bodice, not too tight and not too loose. The dress almost went until her toes and spread out, like gossamer gown. 

"Do you like it?" Queenie asked.

"It's--" Tina was shook, "I don't think I'll look good in this. I mean, this is too over the top!"

"Nonsense, try it!" Dakota joined  them shortly, "You'll look good in anything. Just give it a shot. If not, I have lots of leather jackets to spare. You can make a statement".